Getting ready to pull the trigger on a P4

Should come with a set of extra props. I'd spring for 1 more battery if able. Good luck!

Props last a long time as long as you don't damage them.

Apart of the iPad tablet (not listed in your list) I would always include in the previous day check-list to charge everything: P4 batteries, Remote Controller and tablet.
Have fun and try to progress by controlling always the machine with very smooth movements of rhe RC sticks and without permitting the Phantom to do what it wants!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The rule over water.
Never fly over water until you can fly over land in manual mode and feel confident to do so.

Salt water can magnetise steel objects and confuse the compass.
Confidence in switching to manual mode and flying back under skill is the required level.

Thanks! Since I am surrounded by salt water I guess I'll have to get up to speed quickly!
Ed

Apart of the iPad tablet (not listed in your list) I would always include in the previous day check-list to charge everything: P4 batteries, Remote Controller and tablet.
Have fun and try to progress by controlling always the machine with very smooth movements of rhe RC sticks and without permitting the Phantom to do what it wants!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Already have the Ipad air. Smooth is good!
Thanks ... Ed

They have been getting a bad rap lately, but I swear by my $15.00 copper WindSurfers. I honestly believe, the right ones, give you extra range.

What are they?

You can go to Amazon or eBay and search Windsurfer, but they are a device made of copper or aluminum that slide down over your antenna that in theory give you additional range. Instead of your transmitter waves being beamed everywhere the WindSurfer concentrates the signal giving more distance. They used to be all the rage but here lately some have tried to disprove them. I'm a believer and user of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20