Getting power from NAZA M V2 -/+ What can you get & where?

Reaction score
So, the question is:

"What voltage can I get & from which post on the NAZA M V2 flight controller"?

A simple schematic will answer the question but a discussion about what you have used the power for would help as well. Apparently I have been powering my gimbal pitch with too little power.
Have at it folks... any power related info on the NAZA would be welcome.

So, the question is:

A simple schematic will answer the question but a discussion about what you have used the power for would help as well. Apparently I have been powering my gimbal pitch with too little power.

Awhile ago RDCF550 did a breakdown of the P2's Main and ESC PCBs.

There are 3 voltages available: 3.3vdc, 5.5vdc, and main batt. vdc.

Though not 'official' the link below will take you to these docs.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/wip-phantom-2-pcbs-schematics-and-info.28252/

The Naza is not a source of, or involved in, power supply or regulation.
However you can use the unused ESC ports, for example, for 5.5vdc, but...
...by taking power 'through' the Naza you risk damaging it if you have a problem with your mod.

Best to try and get it from another source which you can ID with the docs. in the link provided above.

Finally, I have not used or tapped into the power for a mod. or other uses so I can't help with any experiences. One will have to be mindful of the current needed regardless of where the power is taken from.

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
Most typical and easiest is to draw power from the main battery bus by soldering wires parallel to either the battery wires or any of the ESC power wires.
This will provide battery voltage (~12V). The 5.5V regulator on the main board supplies power to the Naza, and you can draw some of the available power
by hooking up to the output terminals (M5, M6, F1, F2). The top pin is ground, the middle one is 5.5V, and the bottom is the servo signal. This is also
indicated by the little diagram on the label (with the - + square wave).

So, the question is:

IflyinWY, see my response on how I set mine up:
Lonewolf
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/last-minute-help-mounting-walkera-g-2d-gimbal-or-return.39461/
As I said in another post, I think using the NASM to supply power to your gimbal at 5.5v using the NASA is insufficient. The gimbal recommends using 7.4v-12v. 5.5v is obviously under the recommended standard.

If I were to take power from my Naza, I'd add a fuse.

AWESOME stuff, :D:D Thank you :D:D

I never knew the NAZA and everything downstream of it ran off of 5.5 volts.

The breakdown of the ESCs and P2 board is a great link. The whole thread makes my head spin. Sometimes I like it to spin though.

Thanks for reading my mind and answering the question, "How and should I be using the power from the NAZA". I would be really upset if my $10 OSD fried my flight controller.:(

Anyone want to spoon feed me a little more? Where is the 5.5 volt source on the main board of my FC40?

If I am controlling the pitch on my gimbal with 5.5 volts from the NAZA, am I doing it wrong? That's the only way I have seen it done.

What other questions am I not smart enough to ask? Please include the answers too.

Where is the 5.5 volt source on the main board of my FC40?
There's only one connector from the main board to the Naza module, and that's the output of the 5.5V regulator. It also supplies a reading of the main battery voltage.
If I am controlling the pitch on my gimbal with 5.5 volts from the NAZA, am I doing it wrong? That's the only way I have seen it done.
Most gimbals I'm familiar with require +12V. You're controlling the pitch with the pitch signal. The servo cable has 3 wires: ground, +5.5V, and signal.
What other questions am I not smart enough to ask?
Living well and flying well are all about achieving the proper balance for everything.

There's only one connector from the main board to the Naza module, and that's the output of the 5.5V regulator. It also supplies a reading of the main battery voltage.

Most gimbals I'm familiar with require +12V. You're controlling the pitch with the pitch signal. The servo cable has 3 wires: ground, +5.5V, and signal.

Living well and flying well are all about achieving the proper balance for everything.
In response to A) That I can track. I humbly add :rolleyes: Duhh, I knew that.

As far as B) goes: I refer you to this thread...
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/recommend-please-3-axis-gimbal.39620/#post-368630

And C) Thank you for that CityZen. Words well spoken. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav