Where to mount an anti-collision light?

Reaction score
I have found so many different answers, its making my head spin.
I just took and passed the ALC_677 course so i could fly at night. Where I live there would be some beautiful shots of my little town at night.
I have searched and found about 100 different answers.

Thats why I have come here.
surely someone has done this.

I have a P4P.
I purchased a Firehouse ARC V.

Where do I mount it on top?

I was told by some people it would interfere with transmission or GPS if mounted right on top (which is where it really belongs).

So,
is this true or not?

This is what I come up with when gooling the question.

"Dont mount on top" - it affects the GPS or transmission, and could cause a flyaway. (???)

"Mount it on front". the bright flash would ruin video or photos.

"Mount it on bottom". That would affect bottom sensors.

Sticking it on the back of the battery defeats the 360 degree "anti collision" to our manned aircraft friends.

Can I please get some answers from people who have done this?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Leonard Smith
I have my Firehouse strobe mounted with velcro dead center on the top shell and have never experienced a GPS issue. I never remove it because I use it as a bird deterrent during the daytime flights. Regarding night flights, my assumption is that manned aircraft will generally be flying at a greater altitude above me, so a top mount makes the most sense.

I used p4 headlight sets instead of strobes which work awsome,,I then used lume cube mounts that clip to legs and had strobe on each side,worked well,,,mate I've had all sorts of stuff stuck to me drones,top was no good for me ,bottom behind vps was ok front was terrible since the cam pics it up,strobes are firehouse technology and very blinding, side mounted is visable if looking from front due to the brightness and never interfered,,just add the p4 headlight set clip into the clear lock tabs on arms and can be angled any direction, aim up into props or straight down as landing lights or pointing behind or forward, they have 3 modes on,low,and strobe flash,also very effective,you can make it look like 747 like my old one Screenshot_20210501-082902_Chrome.jpg
Very cool in flight

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20