Getting cold feet and don't have my P2V+ yet.

Reaction score
My P2V+ will be here on Tuesday and I'm already getting cold feet. I'm reading about all the video feed problems on here and I'm nervous as hell right now. My plan is hopefully going to version 2.0 since my P2 H3 3d has that and it's awesome. I will be using the Samsung Galaxy s5 with Verizon service. I'm so nervous right now I'm thinking of when I get it to send it back before I even open the box. Any thoughts about all of this? It's early I'm getting ready for work maybe I'm not thinking clearly. Any thoughts or advice would be great! Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using my neighbors internet

Detroit said:
My P2V+ will be here on Tuesday and I'm already getting cold feet. I'm reading about all the video feed problems on here and I'm nervous as hell right now. My plan is hopefully going to version 2.0 since my P2 H3 3d has that and it's awesome. I will be using the Samsung Galaxy s5 with Verizon service. I'm so nervous right now I'm thinking of when I get it to send it back before I even open the box. Any thoughts about all of this? It's early I'm getting ready for work maybe I'm not thinking clearly. Any thoughts or advice would be great! Thank you.

I'm with you. I had mine shortly after launch and I've had it up in the air once for about 10 minutes. A busy work schedule has a little bit to do with that as well, but I am nervous about flying. I had a Phantom v1 before this with a Hero 3 on board and was never this cautious. My issues are two-fold. First, obviously, I'm afraid of losing it. I have never flown fpv and really don't intend to ever have it out of my line of sight but you read these quirky/mysterious things that are reported to this forum and it scares the crap out of you. On the flipside though, of course you're not going to have people coming on here and praising the bird and reporting successful flights even though they are in the majority! Secondly, I had an angry bystander give me a verbal shake-down once when I was flying my Phantom v1 doing the whole "what are you, a Russian spy??" bit and though I do realize that guy was absolutely crazy, it does get in your head a bit. I'd prefer to fly with no one around, and let's be honest, that's never an option.

There are good guys on this board who will give you really good advice and tips and the only thing you can do is go through your preflight checklist and make sure that you're comfortable before sending her up.

I'm taking the P2V+ with me to OBX in a week and I hope I can muster up the guts to get a few flights in. I won't go buzzing the Wright Brothers Memorial or anything, but would love to get some beach/ocean shots. Good luck!

Detroit said:
Haha nice!

I've had mine 2 weeks, had 7 successful flights, no video issues, love it, have some fantastic footage of my home town, get a buzz from flying it every time I do.

My only issue is the poor GPS lock in my area which is partly the PV2+ and partly the area.

Detroit said:
I'm so nervous right now I'm thinking of when I get it to send it back before I even open the box.

Get out there an enjoy your new bird. While there is a lot of noise on these boards about "flyaways" and falls from the sky, the majority of us are happy with our purchase. Yep, the complexity is high and there's a lot that can go wrong, but I've got 60 or so flights and have had 2 problems - an uncontrolled descent which was my fault and a loss of video feed without being able to get it back. That video loss seems to be a common issue and most of the time I can get it back by simply changing the preview quality settings to flush the buffers and restart the stream. I expect DJI will resolve the video feed problem at some point.

DON'T BASE YOUR DECISIONS BY HORROR STORIES ONLINE!

Forums and Facebook posts highlight an inordinate amount of the problems and issues that occur versus the number of trouble-free, enjoyable experiences.

Car wrecks happen every day, but the victims don't haunt the internet with "Chryslers are Crap" posts.

Most car wrecks are due to operator error. Just sayin'....

Had the Vision and now the Vision Plus since January , flown hundreds of flights with both and done all the updates as soon as they were released. Got loads of great photos and videos and had some fantastic fun flying these amazing machines.
NEVER HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM OR ISSUE SINCE DAY ONE....ENJOY :D

Chill. All will be well, Grasshopper.

Took my first P2V+ out of the box, did all the upgrades & a compass cal. Went to fire it up and one motor was "sticky" (best I can describe it.) Sent it back for exchange (B&H Photo- YEA!).

Did the same thing with the second one, everything is perfect- even running the dreaded 3.04.

Just go for it!

I hear you. I had a near miss on my third flight.

The P2V+ developed a mind of its own and flew into the forest. Given the notoriously fragile gimbal, I assumed I had just blown $800. Fortunately, the only damage was two broken props.

You just have to accept that this is a rich man's hobby and that any given outing could be a very expensive disaster.

Since you already have a P2, you probably have tons more experience flying than I did when I got my P2V+ two weeks ago.

My first and only r/c flying device was a Syma S107G mini helicopter that I got a few months ago. :lol:

Don't worry. You'll love it. :mrgreen:

I've already shot 49 flight videos on my P2V+. Most of them over the Pacific Ocean or the harbor.

Knock on wood, I haven't had a single problem yet. It has performed perfectly every flight.

Be sure to get the WiFi booster app. It gave me a nice improvement in FPV range.

Oh, and my Phantom and Tx are upgraded to the latest firmware and I'm using the latest DJI Vision app. No issues at all.

I do love my Plus.It fly great.Just follow out with the directions.I am very worried about service.I just had mt first problem.I dropped it off at my local computer dealer to see if he could fix it.It is my range extender and it won,t charge.
I am also having problems editing my Can't seem to be able to upload to a movie maker.
They have a great will built product but to service to back it up.That is my worry. :roll:

Detroit said:

Detroit - if you don't absolutely love the P2V+, I'll buy it from you and sell it to a friend! I love mine and have had zero issues that were not pilot error. The P2V+ is a great "turn key" quadcopter/camera solution. Not perfect, but very convenient in a nice, RTF package. I personally feel that most of the "fly away" issues have to do with #1 people taking off too soon (pre-GPS location lock) and #2 anomaly wireless interference in their neighborhood (which is unfortunate.) I bought a Tagg Tracker for insurance - mainly because I am getting more and more brave (or stupid) pushing the range limits.

I got my P2V+ yesterday and have had about 4 successful flights with no issues. Today though for one second it said "signal lost" on my screen and I didn't know what to do, but as quick as it said it, it was gone and I never lost control. After I ordered, while waiting for it to get here, I printed off and read the user manual and watched every YouTube tutorial video that I could. I am having ZERO regrets now and I'm talking baby steps. Today is the first day I flew it out of sight and relied on the FPV of my iphone. Perhaps on day 2 that isn't such a baby step but Iwanted to get it behind me. But I understand your nervousness. My hands were shaking my first flight!

Regards,
J.

The first charge for WiFi Extender takes a long time. I think my took at least 6 hours or more on first charge.

I'm sorry guys maybe some of you misunderstood me. Im not worried about crashing the phantom when I get it because I already have a P2 H3-3D. I'm worried about getting it ready and I cant get live video feed like allot of other are having. I do agree though I'm paranoid and never read all the good reviews just the bad ones. I'm starting to get excited again. I'm now hoping that the vision + camera wont be to awful compared to my hero 3 black.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl