Get camera data from tour created with Litchi

Reaction score
Hello,
I need to get the camera data (X, Y, Z, rotX, rotY, rotZ for each frame) from a tour created with litchi. Do you have any ideas how we can do that? I know that Google Earth Studio can do that (3D Camera Export – Google Earth Studio) but it does not support gx:duration in the KML file so I have to add each individual waypoint to the timeline.
Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum!
Wow, I have no clue. ;)

Somebody, will have some details.
@Meta4 will have an answer when he sees your post.

Rod

Hum,
Sorry, I recalled you talking about data within pictures. Locations, Latitude, Longitude and maybe elevation.

I kind of doubt he is going to find his data. ;)

Anybody else?

Rod

Hum,
Sorry, I recalled you talking about data within pictures. Locations, Latitude, Longitude and maybe elevation.

I kind of doubt he is going to find his data. ;)

Anybody else?

Rod

Thank you for your welcome!

To make things a little bit clearer, I’m looking for the Pitch, roll, yaw and translations at each frame. It would be possible to compute those from the csv exported from Litchi but this is not a simple task. I found a solution which is to use Google Earth Studio but I don’t thing there is an easy way to import the tour without adding each individual waypoint to the timeline. (It is really easy to import the tour in Google Earth but Google Earth doesn’t have the feature Google Earth Studio has to allow to export the camera data.)

You need the executable file called " exiftool(-k) ", without the quotes. I have no idea what the (-k) is about, but it's part of the name. Search on that term and you'll find a bunch of info and places to download it. Put it on your desktop so you can drag/drop your photo onto the icon. It will open up about 300+ lines of meta data on each photo that you can copy & paste into a spreadsheet for extracting what you want. Drop me a PM if you need help interpreting some of the descriptions.

I use this for all my LItchi mission planning. I hand fly the mission that I want, composing pictures the way I want them where I want the waypoints. Then use exiftool(-k) to get the camera pitch, bird heading, altitude, and Lat/Long. Takes me about an hour of desk time to work up a mission with a dozen or so waypoints after I got used to manipulating it.

Hope this helps.............. Bob R.

Reactions: RodPad
@modbuilder,

thumbs.jpg

Rod

You need the executable file called " exiftool(-k) ", without the quotes. I have no idea what the (-k) is about, but it's part of the name. Search on that term and you'll find a bunch of info and places to download it. Put it on your desktop so you can drag/drop your photo onto the icon. It will open up about 300+ lines of meta data on each photo that you can copy & paste into a spreadsheet for extracting what you want. Drop me a PM if you need help interpreting some of the descriptions.

I use this for all my LItchi mission planning. I hand fly the mission that I want, composing pictures the way I want them where I want the waypoints. Then use exiftool(-k) to get the camera pitch, bird heading, altitude, and Lat/Long. Takes me about an hour of desk time to work up a mission with a dozen or so waypoints after I got used to manipulating it.

Hope this helps.............. Bob R.
Thank you very much for your answer, unfortunately I need to do it without flying a drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan