Gesture mode

Reaction score
Not that I will really ever use it but does anyone have any suggestions on how to make gesture mode work on p4.
I've tried waving my arms and make a " frame box" with my hands and nothing.
It's one of those things I feel stupid doing so the quicker it works the better.
Maybe I have something in settings wrong??
Idk,

I could get the raised arms gesture to lock it on to me but no pictures either.

I had a play with the gesture mode and realised that the 'Y' weird posture needs to be followed by the hand trick thing (channelling Madonna strike a pose) and it works fine. I was relatively close ( within 8 mtrs) and it did the countdown 3,2,1 and clicked away. It will also follow you around whilst you are doing it once it has locked onto you.

I think I'm to far away. I will close the gap tomorrow and see if that works.
That's cool it follows u too.
I guess that's like active track sorta.
My active track works great as does all the other modes. That's why I think the bird/ firmware are good its me doing something wrong

I think I'm to far away. I will close the gap tomorrow and see if that works.
That's cool it follows u too.
I guess that's like active track sorta.
My active track works great as does all the other modes. That's why I think the bird/ firmware are good its me doing something wrong
Maybe treat it like a selfie mode thing, need to be close , otherwise it's just another photo that you can't see the detail in.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Maybe treat it like a selfie mode thing, need to be close , otherwise it's just another photo that you can't see the detail in.

Ok. When you said u were fairly close I knew then what it prolly was.
I'm like 20-30 feet up and 50 or more distance.
I think I'll close those numbers to about 15 feet.
Think that will be enuf

Not that I will really ever use it but does anyone have any suggestions on how to make gesture mode work on p4.
I've tried waving my arms and make a " frame box" with my hands and nothing.
It's one of those things I feel stupid doing so the quicker it works the better.
Maybe I have something in settings wrong??
Idk,

Used it on the weekend no problems at all - make sure that once it locks on you do a clear square!

Closer seems to work well here. The drone is usually within 15 feet for the cases I have tried...and all worked fine.

Glad to thank all you guys for the help.
I tried the 10 feet high and 15 feet away and took 4 selfies.
I could even hear the countdown.
I think it's cool to how it tracks u in this mode too.
Active track and both home and course lock are suited best for my needs and they all work flawlessly.
Thanks again to all for the tips.

Well, this mode does work fairly well. I suspect there might be a few Chinese also jumping around in front their drones too...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl