Gear VR functionality, stay tuned

Reaction score
I just bought last week a Samsung Gear VR (Consumer Edition $99) and read a lot about using it as a FPV headset. The problem is that as soon as you place your phone on the VR, the Oculus app activates. I have a rooted Note 5, I turned off the Gear VR Service app, that way I can launch Litchi on Cardboard (VR) mode. The problem I was having is, I would loose the ability to click, or deal with the interface after wearing the headset, but, with a cheap Bluetooth mouse, linked to my Note, I have complete access to the Litchi interface!!! Will be flying it and recording screen next week. Stay tuned if you are interested in VR capabilities.

Reactions: sky9284
If you are flying a standard , I will be very interested in your outcome ! Thanks !!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm going back home tomorrow after this 3 week long military course. Should have outcome, and possibly a video on using Samsung VR, Bluetooth mouse, on the Litchi app on VR mode.

I'm going back home tomorrow after this 3 week long military course. Should have outcome, and possibly a video on using Samsung VR, Bluetooth mouse, on the Litchi app on VR mode.
Can't wait. I have a P3P and bought the DJI Phantom 3 - HDMI Output Module, Pro/Adv. (White) and want to use the Samsung Gear vr as my fpv goggles.

To skew this discussion just a little, the GearVR can be used with other phones that are not supported by Oculus. I have a S6 Active, which is not supported on the goggles. I removed the little seat around the USB plug on the goggles so that it is just a plug on a cord. After plugging that into my phone, it is able to sit in the holders on the back of the goggles. The Oculus stuff does not work because my phone doesn't have the low level hardware capability that the supported phones do, but the direction pad on the right side does work like a mouse. With the high quality optics, Google Cardboard apps work and look great! I have a P3S on order and have a copy of Litchi so I should be able to update how well this works in the near future.

I have standard vr goggles for the use of all cardboard and other VR apps but, the question is how does the Litchi software or app give you the split screen because, when I use my Note 5 it works like the DJI go app?

There is a goggles icon on the right side of the screen in the litchi app.Android only

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app push the icon

Cool, going to look for it next time I'm out flying. Is the Litchi app better Han DJIGO?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31