Galaxy Tab S2 Compatible with P3Pro?

Reaction score
Having trouble linking tablet to the P3pro. Pro has and older firmware(several years old) and wonder if this could be the issue. And the rc is constantly beeping when turned on. Appreciate any input.
Thanks

Tab S2 works great with my P3A and older firmware. I don't think that's the issue. Are you linked to the AC? That can cause the beeping. A little more detail in information would help.

Got it bound, but beeping continues on tx. Able to connect via my Galaxy S7 edge to get it linked, but tab s2 still wont work. With Tab, the Tx still beeps, ac shows green light on link button,and tab indicates a slow charge. I checked the Tabs usb for media transfer, but nada. Left most led on tx stays red and beeps, but green on ac. To confuse things, when I use my phone(galaxy edge) The beeping contines and tx led stays red, the ac link button green, and camera view opens, motors start and home point recorded. Again, the tx led stays red with both devices.
I'm confused!

What firmware is on the AC and RC. They must match. Not necessarily number wise but version wise. For example, my own 1.6RC and 1.8.8 AC.

ac: 1.8.80+
It's been a long time since Ive dealt with firmware, but if that shows a + that is different, but do not recall how so. There should not be a + unless that might be a beta version. I would try to reload 1.8.8 proper. Take a look at @msinger site and you can get the firmware versions.

I was trying to sort out what's really going on based on what you've described. While it's possible the problem could be fw/sw related, there may be something else going on as well. I would try to work with older versions if at possible before making a decision to upgrade. You could well end up with more problems after upgrading to a newer version. Just my two cents.

Since the tx kept beeping even after linking, I successfully updated the tx fw after connecting on my samsung phone. Then, I had a tx, ac fw mismatch as the tx kept beeping and I could no longer access the camera view to update the ac. So, I downloaded the late ac fw and put it on the card( took a while to remember where to put it on the sd card), tuned on the ac only and let it percolate for almost half an hour. And, voila, update was successful! Eureka. So now I could access live camera view using my s7 edge with app saying update latest. Now, I had to try and get the Tab S2 to access live camera view. Since I talked the P3;s owner into buying it, I had a vested interest in getting it to work. Somewhere in settings I did something that enabled the TAb S2 to work. Shut everything down several times and was able to connect OK. Still not sure what the heck I did, but....
Was something about RSVD setting or something like that. However, I cannot find that setting again anywhere. Go figure.
Appreciate all the input everyone.

Oh, and I noticed that the devices continue to get charged by the tx. Same with phone. That I cant figure how to stop. At least with my Standard on wifi I dont have to contend with that.

Oh, and I noticed that the devices continue to get charged by the tx. Same with phone.
It is not actually charging. Dont worry about it.

Since the tx kept beeping even after linking, I successfully updated the tx fw after connecting on my samsung phone. Then, I had a tx, ac fw mismatch as the tx kept beeping and I could no longer access the camera view to update the ac. So, I downloaded the late ac fw and put it on the card( took a while to remember where to put it on the sd card), tuned on the ac only and let it percolate for almost half an hour. And, voila, update was successful! Eureka. So now I could access live camera view using my s7 edge with app saying update latest. Now, I had to try and get the Tab S2 to access live camera view. Since I talked the P3;s owner into buying it, I had a vested interest in getting it to work. Somewhere in settings I did something that enabled the TAb S2 to work. Shut everything down several times and was able to connect OK. Still not sure what the heck I did, but....
Was something about RSVD setting or something like that. However, I cannot find that setting again anywhere. Go figure.
Appreciate all the input everyone.

Tab S2. Turn off wifi
Turn on airplane mode
Open settings
Go to developer options.
Turn on USB debugging
Click on USB configuration
Set it to RNDIS
Wait a few seconds and ac screen pops up.

This works 100%for me. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus