FW 1.11.20

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is bothered that since upgrading to FW 1.11.20 that I am restricted to max distance of 500m?
I have 2 P3P drones one for work and one for personal. The work unit was bought specifically for power line inspections and we have a very difficult to access section that we use the drone to inspect. Line of sight is good as we can take off at a height above the power line section and we are very remote with the nearest airport being over 75 km away.
At 500m we are just getting to the section we need to inspect and the drone won't proceed. I have read some threads about rolling back or downgrading FW and the possibilities of bricking your drone.
Is there a way to remove this distance restriction?
FW 1.11.20
Go Ap 3.1.15
P3P
Thanks and sorry if this is not the first time for this question.

Am I the only one who is bothered that since upgrading to FW 1.11.20 that I am restricted to max distance of 500m?
I have 2 P3P drones one for work and one for personal. The work unit was bought specifically for power line inspections and we have a very difficult to access section that we use the drone to inspect. Line of sight is good as we can take off at a height above the power line section and we are very remote with the nearest airport being over 75 km away.
At 500m we are just getting to the section we need to inspect and the drone won't proceed. I have read some threads about rolling back or downgrading FW and the possibilities of bricking your drone.
Is there a way to remove this distance restriction?
FW 1.11.20
Go Ap 3.1.15
P3P
Thanks and sorry if this is not the first time for this question.
Do you by chance have "Enable Max Distance" enabled? If so, it actually restricts max distance. Disable it if you want max distance.

Reactions: Numone
Do you by chance have "Enable Max Distance" enabled? If so, it actually restricts max distance. Disable it if you want max distance.

There isn't an emoji that would reflect the look on my face right now. If I am reading this right turn off max distance and fly farther? DJI's counter intuitive team has been working over time again!
Will be testing this as soon as the rain breaks off, thanks for the tip and will post the results.

Reactions: Oso and Numone
There isn't an emoji that would reflect the look on my face right now. If I am reading this right turn off max distance and fly farther? DJI's counter intuitive team has been working over time again!
Will be testing this as soon as the rain breaks off, thanks for the tip and will post the results.
LOL! It "Enable(s) Max Distance" restriction!

I'm having this problem as well.
Always hated to screw with updating the firmware. I've always gone by the phrase "If it's not broke don't fix it."
My enable max distance and beginner modes are switched off. I've disconnected and reconnected my account, shut everything down etc. I still get the error message. Hopefully updating firmware will solve my problem.
Phantom 3 Pro
App: 3.1.15
Aircraft: 1.8.80
Remote Controller: 1.9.3

I'm having this problem as well.
Are you saying you have the same problem as in this discussion? Your P3 is restricted from flying beyond 500m?

Or are you saying that you are one of the people who have reported getting an erroneous 30m/50m restriction message since they went to 3.1.15 but weren't yet on 1.11? Those reports have noted that their distance is not actually restricted. Is that what you see? I'm asking because you only said you had a message and not actually a 500m limit as in the original post above. Also, you are on 3.1.15 and are not on 1.11. That seems to fit the erroneous message issue.
Not sure why I got this message...

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4