Fun at the Ski Mountain with the Phantom Vision

Reaction score
Boy, I have had some great fun with my Phantom Vision. I took it up to Meadowlark Ski Lodge in the Big Horn mountains of Wyoming, and shot some video and photos of the resort from the air. I mixed the video with some helmet cam shots of the descent of the mountain (my first shots with my new Hero 3+ Black). One issue I had with my Phantom shots was the sun at a steep angle coming through the props and causing a blinking effect. At any rate, enjoy the Video and Photos...

Chuggie

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9TDEmG_tpE[/youtube]

Attachments

• MeadowlarkAirealPanoWinter800.jpg
    MeadowlarkAirealPanoWinter800.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 927
  • MeadowLarkPanoThumbN1-17-14.jpg
    MeadowLarkPanoThumbN1-17-14.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 836
  • MeadowlarkFromHill1000.jpg
    MeadowlarkFromHill1000.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 891
Beautiful shots! How did you do that gorgeous panorama? Would love to know the workflow as I'd like to try something similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Chuggie

Boy you get to fly in some seriously beautiful places. I have never skied but it does look fun. I watched your video in HD and was surprised to see some banding in the snow whenever the go pro filmed snow in shadow. Was it like that in the raw footage or is that Youtube doing its stuff. I have the same camera but have not had an opportunity to use it in anger yet.

I love seeing videos of aerial footage edited with on the ground capture as it makes it more interesting. Your video would have been even better if you had cut in some shots of a skier from above coming down the hill. I imagine though its not easy to film where people are hurtling down a mountain.

Very nice! I am jealous as hell since it's been some time since I strapped on a set of sticks. Yet as I watched the video, I found myself turning right and there was little left turn in the footage, particularly early on. I then realized I was enjoying the view from a ski-boarder! Either way, love the video, particularly the tree skiing. I think you've done it Chuggie, you are the next Warren Miller avec Phantom! :D

djayz said:
Beautiful shots! How did you do that gorgeous panorama? Would love to know the workflow as I'd like to try something similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment on the panorama. I have a post with my complete work flow for panorama outlined. Just follow the link below...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4328

Chuggie

Shrimpfarmer said:
Hi Chuggie

Boy you get to fly in some seriously beautiful places. I have never skied but it does look fun. I watched your video in HD and was surprised to see some banding in the snow whenever the go pro filmed snow in shadow. Was it like that in the raw footage or is that Youtube doing its stuff. I have the same camera but have not had an opportunity to use it in anger yet.

I love seeing videos of aerial footage edited with on the ground capture as it makes it more interesting. Your video would have been even better if you had cut in some shots of a skier from above coming down the hill. I imagine though its not easy to film where people are hurtling down a mountain.

Greetings,

You tube did process the video to take some of the shakiness out. I was riding on ungroomed slopes so the trip down was pretty bumpy.

I am trying to get my riding buddies together for a shoot this coming weekend. They are 19 and 22 years old, and the two of them together weigh less than I do, so they catch some nice airs off the launch ramps, and they respond well to KODAK Courage (That extra bit of balls one obtains when they know they are being filmed). I haven't tried snowboarding with the Phantom Transmitter in hand yet, so thus far all of my aireal video is from the base area. But at some point I probably will follow the ski lift up with the phantom.

Have Fun,
Chuggie

Chuggie said:
I am trying to get my riding buddies together for a shoot this coming weekend. They are 19 and 22 years old, and the two of them together weigh less than I do, so they catch some nice airs off the launch ramps, and they respond well to KODAK Courage (That extra bit of balls one obtains when they know they are being filmed). I haven't tried snowboarding with the Phantom Transmitter in hand yet, so thus far all of my aireal video is from the base area. But at some point I probably will follow the ski lift up with the phantom.

Have Fun,
Chuggie

Great opportunity to cut together a nice film. If I might suggest something. It would be worth trying to capture some short shots of the phantom in flight as well. If your careful to capture them against a neutral background, i.e. the sky, the snow etc then they can go into your library of cutaway shots. These are so useful to break up aerial footage in films, or to link different aerial shots together. I am slowly building my library of this type of shot. As long as the background cannot be identified then they can be used in lots of different films. I look forward to your next production.

Shrimpy

The video says blocked in my country (USA) on copyright grounds.

garygid said:
The video says blocked in my country (USA) on copyright grounds.

I have Bob Marley music. maybe their blocking because of that...

Does anyone know how to get YouTube to accept a video with music???

Most utube videos have musical effects, however using copyrighted songs
wuthout permission would be prohibited, I presume.

garygid said:

When you use copyrighted materials, YouTube won't play the song/video on mobile devices, but okay on desktops. Has to do with the advertising and the fact that the ads (that pay the royalties) aren't as effective on mobile devices.

If your friends can't watch the film on Ipad there is a solution.

Get them to download an app called YouPlayer. Its cheap and it will play videos that normally will not play.

I only use Apple so I don't know if they produce the same app for Android but maybe they do.

Hope this helps.

Try these if you want to shed a few pounds. They are all free.

Shrimpy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQHV5z4ZI7w[/youtube]

garygid said:

I was wondering if anyone knew how to edit the Metadata of a MP3 file to hide the copyright info from YouTube.
Thanks,
Chuggie

Chuggie said:
garygid said:

I was wondering if anyone knew how to edit the Metadata of a MP3 file to hide the copyright info from YouTube.
Thanks,
Chuggie

Chuggie

First it will not work as that is not how they identify the song. Last but not least its not worth the hassle if they come after you. I have taken a different stance on youtube music now that I understand how their copyright system works. Its worth a read. One things for sure Youtube will not help you at all if someone comes a gunning :lol:

I don't condone copyright infringement, however if paid for a song and you want to use it for non commercial purpose, there is a way. Run the song through Audacity (with mp3 plug in) and change the register key up or down 1. The change is barely noticeable and it will get past YouTube auto detect. This had been done for years by Christmas decorates (not that it makes it right). Or even easier, use Vimeo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl