Frustration

Reaction score
First off let me say that this drone ,P4P, has the best options in the market. That being said, I'm on my third one. I think I am jinxed. I thought I hit pay dirt with this one. Even did the firmware update and flew 4 or 5 times , perfect! Then yesterday I was recording a sunset just hovering for about 15 minutes, no wind. I noticed the video was jerking around a bit like jello. I brought it down and shut it off. Went inside and started it back up and now I have vibration in the gimbal that is causing it to be unstable. Did several gimbal calibrations that didn't help. It sounds like the motor is rubbing on something. A metallic sound. I hate to send it back, but I feel if you pay $1500 for something it needs to work correctly. It's not like I'm not familiar with flying. I flew a Yuneec quad for 4 years, and have flown full scale airplanes and jets for 20 years. I love the quad,I just wish I could get a good one. Anyone have any ideas? Serious thought only, leave out the sarcasm.

I have read some posts about a gimbal 'grinding' noise.
See this one:
Horrendous Service Experience What to do?
If you have the chance to return it and get a full refund I would do that.
I would not go through a weeklong DJI repair nightmare. Also they might send you a used bird as replacement.
Check also this post. There seems to be a beta software to fix the grinding. Apparently it did the job:

Last edited:
I have read some posts about a gimbal 'grinding' noise.
See this one:
If you have the chance to return it and get a full refund I would do that.
I would not go through a weeklong DJI repair nightmare. Also they might send you a used bird as replacement.
Check also this post. There seems to be a beta software to fix the grinding. Apparently it did the job:
That is my plan , I've only had this one for 4 days. Thanks for the response.

I would order another one, after I got the refund. Might order it from another source, just to be sure I was not getting refurbs, or returns. If it was a problem, I would send it back immediately.

But, if you are done, I would certainly understand, maybe look at another brand.

I would order another one, after I got the refund. Might order it from another source, just to be sure I was not getting refurbs, or returns. If it was a problem, I would send it back immediately.

But, if you are done, I would certainly understand, maybe look at another brand.

I think I am going to get one more. I really like the features on this quad. But this will probably be my last one. I have to think there is no quality control at DJI. Don't see how there could be.

I feel your pain.... I had a similar experience and also tried 3 different Phantom 4 Pros. The first one had that gimbal vibration which no reset or adjustment addressed. Video capture showed constant vibration and like yours, mine made a loud vibrating noise whenever it was powered on. I sent that one back and received another which didn't fly anywhere near as fast as the first one (in any mode) and also had constant compass calibration problems. I exchanged that one for another one which had no secondary compass (continually showed secondary compass failure (not error).

At that point I was really frustrated and discouraged, and sent that one back along with a all accessories. Luckily, I was able to get a full refund for everything and free return shipping through Amazon.

Fast forward a few weeks later and I decided to give DJI one last try but this time I purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced (I was more concerned about the camera and was ok giving up the 5.8ghz and additional sensors). Received yesterday and was able to take it out for some test flights today. I think I finally received a perfect drone... Performed all firmware updates, conducted a few test flights for about 45 minutes and tested out all modes, took some videos and pictures, and everything looks great.

I would definitely return - Good luck, hope you get a good one. For me #4 was the lucky one, maybe it will be for you too.....

I feel your pain.... I had a similar experience and also tried 3 different Phantom 4 Pros. The first one had that gimbal vibration which no reset or adjustment addressed. Video capture showed constant vibration and like yours, mine made a loud vibrating noise whenever it was powered on. I sent that one back and received another which didn't fly anywhere near as fast as the first one (in any mode) and also had constant compass calibration problems. I exchanged that one for another one which had no secondary compass (continually showed secondary compass failure (not error).

At that point I was really frustrated and discouraged, and sent that one back along with a all accessories. Luckily, I was able to get a full refund for everything and free return shipping through Amazon.

Fast forward a few weeks later and I decided to give DJI one last try but this time I purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced (I was more concerned about the camera and was ok giving up the 5.8ghz and additional sensors). Received yesterday and was able to take it out for some test flights today. I think I finally received a perfect drone... Performed all firmware updates, conducted a few test flights for about 45 minutes and tested out all modes, took some videos and pictures, and everything looks great.

I would definitely return - Good luck, hope you get a good one. For me #4 was the lucky one, maybe it will be for you too.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures