frustrated beyond belief... SOFTWARE!?!?

Reaction score
I prefer to do this on my Mac, but if I must I also have Pc's.

I'm trying to update firmware. Why so many programs? I have a RC, PT2 and NM on Mac. when I run one it says I don't need to update, another says I need to update to 4.02 and tells me to download (the software Im running already). Running NM says plug in controller. (I do - and it still says plug in controller). RC does let me calibrate the controller. (TX) I assume is what they are calling the controller.

when do I plug into the phantom? what software do I run then? I want to allow RTH and TOC - I had seen it before, but didn't want to turn it on as I was new. Now I can't remember what I ran or where I got into that. Why not one APP that has tabs for Phantom, controller etc. How to update the firmware. Is that only updated in the phantom? or in the TX too?

Cant even understand the question lolol :lol:

You only need the RC assistant and the Phantom assistant. Both are available for Mac.

The RC assistant is used to update the firmware and to calibrate the controller.
The Phantom assistant is used to update the firmware on the Phantom and for everything else.

Make sure you down load the latest version from DJI:-
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download

As xgeek said you only need two programs: RC assistant (RC) and Phantom assistant (PT2) - not really sure why RC is needed since it is for TX calibration and you can calibrate the TX in the PT2 software (some people say you have to calibrate the TX using both software programs - not sure why). The only time the TX needs to be plugged in is to calibrate the sticks and update firmware for the TX.

The Phantom has many different components which have firmware (autopilot system, gps, camera, gimble, batteries, etc) and periodically require updates. All of that is done in the PT2 software. The firmware that you are probably trying to update is the phantom autopilot system (current version 3.04). When you plug the Phantom into your computer and run the PT2 software you can see all of the firmware installed and update from there. On the MAC you will get a message stating that an update is available (if one is) and it will load it and install it if you want it to.

To change the TX modes from Phantom to NAZA you will see a box near the upper right of the software window that will either say PHANTOM or NAZA-M (this is with the Phantom plugged into the computer not the TX). If you want to change to the other mode just click on this box.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl