Fresh water dip

Reaction score
Going along a river I hit a branch and my picture got screwy. I hit the up and it climbed to 100 feet. Got it back but forgot its landing spot. It was wet but not soaked. Before I pulled the battery something around the camera? smoked. Drying out now on porch in the sun and nice wind.
I pray I didn't hurt it too bad.

It was done. Sent back to DJI only to get refurbished back. They might replace your water damaged P4P+ but it is definitely not a new unit from the shelf. For the price and piss poor communication just don't wreck or your going to the bottom of the "offered"list. VERY disappointing DJI care refresh hype. Pay $99 to get back a unit far from new!

Phantoms have survived getting soaked but the escape of Magic Smoke is a bad sign. Under what program did you get the replacement? DJI cares? IIRC, they do state you might get a refurb. And, in fact, refurbs are the 'industry standard' when it comes to programs like this. From a manufacture's point of view this is perfectly reasonable. You didn't crash a brand new Phantom - it was used. If someone could get a brand new, in box machine every time you dinged it up, these programs could well cost quite a bit more (the cost of a refurbed unit is likely pretty low - chances are that just one module / part is bad and with DJI's gear they can isolate and fix it quickly).

Just a thought.

DJI's famous lack of communication is, well, famous.

Reactions: SurfingTech

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav