Free App for Bearing/Distance to Airport?

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for a free IOS app that will show bearing and distance from a given airport designation to your GPS location? I have B4UFLY of course as well as AirNAV FBO for airport lookups. Seems like there would be an app somewhere that would show your location and give a simple bearing/distance from an AID without having to calculate it separately. Even better if DJI GO incorporated that feature when alerting you to airports in your area.

SkyVector.com does it from within a browser but surely the is a simpler, more elegant way?

Anyone have any ideas?

DJI GO doesn't show bearing/distance, but you can easily find the locations of nearby airports.

DJI-GO-GEO-Map.jpg

Try ‘FlyQ InSight’ from Seattle Avionics Inc for iOS. Free in your App Store. Once you set your location, just click ‘airports’ at the bottom of the screen for your nearby airports. Has a listing for distance and compass direction to the airport, and airport airspace classification (B,C,D etc). Click on the airport to link for other airport information.

Have fun. Fly Safe !

Try ‘FlyQ InSight’ from Seattle Avionics Inc for iOS. Free in your App Store. Once you set your location, just click ‘airports’ at the bottom of the screen for your nearby airports. Has a listing for distance and compass direction to the airport, and airport airspace classification (B,C,D etc). Click on the airport to link for other airport information.

Have fun. Fly Safe !

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Reactions: captainmilehigh
FlyQ looks interesting. However they want me to create an account with aircraft manufacturer model, and tail number.

With no option for DJI, what do others enter?

FlyQ looks interesting. However they want me to create an account with aircraft manufacturer model, and tail number.

With no option for DJI, what do others enter?

I saw that too, but it also said "you can change it later" so I just left the defaults and created an account and registered. Hope it isn't a big deal and just informational but we will see I guess. Really appreciate the find captainmilehigh. This lets me eliminate at least two separate apps and does quite a few more interesting things.

I saw that too, but it also said "you can change it later" so I just left the defaults and created an account and registered. Hope it isn't a big deal and just informational but we will see I guess.

Thanks. Went back and left the default and all is well. I now notice that the default tail number is N12345. So probably not a real plane anyway.

Perhaps I'll change my aircraft to a Boeing 747. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20