FPVLR VS. DBS

Question - can antennas like these be attached to the connections on the modified remote? I'd like to find some the same size as the OEM antennas.

http://www.amazon.com/Wi-fi-Antenna-RP-SMA-Antennas-Cables/dp/B00A4I3AGE/

My goal is to be able to put the connections / antennas similar to this near the stock location. This way I could still put my controller in my DJI hardshell backpack and use it like stock. I'd like to be able to swap these out for the boosted FPVLR when I want to fly long distance. Any ideas how to make this possible?
Yeah that's no trouble at all. All you'll need to do is order the advance kit from FPVLR and it will come with everything you'll need to do the modifications. After that you'll be able to attach those 5dbi omni directional antennas . You'll be good to go and be able to use whichever antennas you want whenever the situation calls for a switch.

Go with the dbs itelite antenna. You can get it dbsmods.com. It's a very impressive and compact antenna . It also comes with a quick release mount. So it can be taken off in about 3 seconds . It will be the best 100 dollars you ever spent . Just last week I did 17,494 ft and had full signal all the way . I had to turn around because of the battery . It's definitely an amazing antenna for sure!! Good luck!!

Could you post a link? This will help with tree interference ?

Could you post a link? This will help with tree interference ?
Dbsmods.com
Yeah you will definitely get better range through some obstacles like trees. I did a test run yesterday and flew out at 200 ft altitude and went to 14,500 ft with strong signal. Very impressive only limited by the battery now!

Dbsmods.com
Yeah you will definitely get better range through some obstacles like trees. I did a test run yesterday and flew out at 200 ft altitude and went to 14,500 ft with strong signal. Very impressive only limited by the battery now!

Easy to install?

Easy to install?
I paid the extra 100 bucks and had dbs do the install for me. To me it was worth the 100 dollars not to screw up a 500 dollar controller. I've heard most people say it's easy but also some say it was tricky . It just depends on your comfort level and your experience with electronics .

I paid the extra 100 bucks and had dbs do the install for me. To me it was worth the 100 dollars not to screw up a 500 dollar controller. I've heard most people say it's easy but also some say it was tricky . It just depends on your comfort level and your experience with electronics .

Turn around time?

I know you are a FPVLR guy but do you know if the RG 402 cables will also be an upgrade for the DBS Itelite antennas? I am not well versed with signal loss and the types of cables out there.

Wow, so the install is the same? I just had my DBS antenna installed, in that case, I may consider purchasing the FPVLR V2 with amps! Could FPVLR comment at all?
Yes you can add FPVLR it will give the highest signal penetration

Here's a question for anyone using the FPVLR Advanced P3 antenna kit:

How much flight time are you getting from one battery charge? I have read that two flights is nominal. Is anyone getting longer time on a consistent basis?

I'm getting ready to order and just trying to decide if I should throw an additional battery on the order.

TIA.

:harry

Right now the advanced kit has been replaced by the V.2 kit unboosted.
It seems to get same distance both boosted and unboosted, no need to spend more for the amps , 154$ is all it is.

Is't been posted many many times on here, that the amps main purpose
is for penetrating mountains and thick wooded land. so if you live in these types of
areas, then YES you should invest in the amps.

It seems to get same distance both boosted and unboosted, no need to spend more for the amps , 154$ is all it is.

Will you still be offering the kit for those of us who want amps? Amps may not make much of a difference in wide open spaces but where I fly amps make a huge difference. However, you're more knowledgeable on this subject than I am.

on order :)

I'm still looking forward to your response tony!! I just got v-1 and had know idea v-2 was being release a week later!! When askin your support staff via e-mail about possible exchange they claimed v-2 offers no extea distance !!!! Whats up tony

Our staff could not have answered that, V.2 does not replace V.1 they are 2 different antennas, the V.1 has 76 degrees beam width, and 8.5 dBi, the V.2 has 10.5dBi and it's got 60 degrees beam width, of course there is a good 20 to 30% increase in distance with the V.2 but you sacrifice beam width. So they are different antennas but one does not make the other one obsolete, they are just different.
Thanks for clearing up the difference.
The v-1 are a great antenna

I have a brand new FPVLR kit in the classifieds. It is still in the box. I just decided to not go through with installing it. After shipping and taxes, you're saving $100!

It looks like a good quality kit, I'm just not sure it is something I need on my Phantom.

I have a brand new FPVLR kit in the classifieds. It is still in the box. I just decided to not go through with installing it. After shipping and taxes, you're saving $100!

It looks like a good quality kit, I'm just not sure it is something I need on my Phantom.

I'm interested if it works with my DBS mod.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart