FPVLR boosted or non boosted

Hope your test goes well, yes the USB cable is a little fiddly to pop in, I bought a shorter cable and just leave it connected.

Well, this morning i flew away for about 4,3 kms in a place where usually i lose signal about 3 kms or little more with windsurfers. After that i tested my FPVLR in a clean area where i achieved 6 kms ( no wind today ) and still good signal.
I'm very happy about this antennas, next time i will test them in short range with some obstacles

Last edited:
Reactions: tevek
Well, this morning i flew away for about 4,3 kms in a place where usually i lose signal about 3 kms or little more with windsurfers. After that i tested my FPVLR in a clean area where i achieved 6 kms ( no wind today ) and still good signal.
I'm very happy about this antennas, next time i will test them in short range with some obstacles
I'm hearing the sounds of clapping! I'm about to boost my set up to see where my courage lies.. Nice work.

I'm hearing the sounds of clapping! I'm about to boost my set up to see where my courage lies.. Nice work.

Thanks for the moral support.
I noticed more improvement in HD signal, unlike the stock antenna now is the RC signal who goes down before.
Good luck for your next step, let us know.

I use UAV forecast which works quite well or simply fly it up to 100mtrs, put it in ATTI mode and watch for any drifting and fly accordingly.

There a great website, and stand alone app, called Windytv.com.
Will show you current wind speed and direction at ground level, 100 meters, and beyond for actual manned aircraft heights.
Shows graphically the wind direction in your area and you can slide the time of day or actual day for forecasts of projected wind , wave & more activity.
Way cool.....
Windytv, wind forecast

I noticed more improvement in HD signal, unlike the stock antenna now is the RC signal who goes down before.
No worries, I still lose video at reasonable distances but the control signal is a lot better. I use home lock if I get lost with the orientation and pull it straight back and wait for her to come back. Hope to get the boosted package next week and give it a run.

There a great website, and stand alone app, called Windytv.com.
Will show you current wind speed and direction at ground level, 100 meters, and beyond for actual manned aircraft heights.
Shows graphically the wind direction in your area and you can slide the time of day or actual day for forecasts of projected wind , wave & more activity.
Way cool.....
Windytv, wind forecast
Cheers for that, just had a look and it looks good. Nice work. Love this forum!

Nice work Morgone, havent seen anyone post with this setup on a P4P, glad things have gone well for you. I might well buy that setup myself rather than get the DBS Itelite new setup coming in april for the P4P.

Have you done a test in both 5.8 and 2.4 ghz? would be interested to know how far you get with 5.8 with this setup.

Newbie mistakes-Episode 2.
Easily took 10 years of my life..
take off without checking wind speed and direction.
At 180 turnaround still had 70% battery, nevertheless AC couldn't reach 40 km/h because of the severe headwind.
Flying above water.
10 min of terror, last 600 mts fought with automatic landing

db057dbd5a2cd3ec6fdcbaa28efb7116.jpg

Newbie mistakes-Episode 2.
Easily took 10 years of my life..
take off without checking wind speed and direction.
At 180 turnaround still had 70% battery, nevertheless AC couldn't reach 40 km/h because of the severe headwind.
Flying above water.
10 min of terror, last 600 mts fought with automatic landing

db057dbd5a2cd3ec6fdcbaa28efb7116.jpg
Yep that would have rattled you! I've done the same as have many others, mine came back the other day on low battery warning and I wasn't too worried at first. The wind picked up and I started sweating thinking I wasn't going to make it. Ended up lowering it through the trees and guided it nice and low where it auto landed at my feet...I gave her a kiss and went straight to the beer fridge.

For the guys running FPVLR on the P4 is this with or without amps ...

Awsome that's good range...

Yep that would have rattled you! I've done the same as have many others, mine came back the other day on low battery warning and I wasn't too worried at first. The wind picked up and I started sweating thinking I wasn't going to make it. Ended up lowering it through the trees and guided it nice and low where it auto landed at my feet...I gave her a kiss and went straight to the beer fridge.

Cheers! I won't try any test range for a while..
Are you thinking about extra battery mod?
10 mins more will give you some help with your new amps

Reactions: go fast
Cheers! I won't try any test range for a while..
Are you thinking about extra battery mod?
10 mins more will give you some help with your new amps
I'm waiting for the battery/amp mod to turn up this week. Looking at penetration as the distance is governed by the battery at the moment and my ability to manage wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart