FPVLR 2.4 radio antenna kit

Reaction score
Anyone has one of this installed on your phantom 2 non vision? There are lots of people running the FPVLR for the vision model, but can't seem to find any review on the regular P2! I did try the radio mod with a 9dbi TP link antenna, sadly, it performs worse than the stock antenna, I am looking for something that will really give me the range? Not something crazy, but around 1.5 km.

I did a full monte on my P2, all from Tony, I have yet to run out of range on the video side and the control end was obstructions. I have been out well past 1.5 miles full control and video..... I tried a bunch of other antennas before I bit the bullet and bought the FPVLR stuff.... worth every penny.....

I have the 5.8 half sphere, on my video receiver. It don't get more then 100 meters with it. I have a cheap 10 dollar patch that I get 1000 meters with. I am going to try and make a video of the FPVLR antenna at work in the filed this week end. I real want the 2.4 for my P2 transmitter but if this antenna don't work ,that is a lot of money .

Last edited:
One thing though, I noticed a lot of the long range flight video were flown over farmers field or open area with basically nothing around it. I often fly in dense residential area, once I got 800-900m but usually at 600m, FS will kicked in for lost radio signal. So I guess the interference has lots of variables on range.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.