FPV not available at all. Am I alone?

Another possible troubleshooting idea:

Try reducing the FPV video speed//size. drop to 320/270 (IIRC) and 15 fps. My feed drops out at 30 fps, and I suspect it's due to the processor speed of my phone.

I have the same problem.

It works for a few minutes but then locks up the video 1-4 minutes into the flight. It seems to lock up sooner if i take a picture or stop / stop the video recording.

Now i don't touch anything and hope it stays but very frustrating when your trying to point the camera at a object.

I tried everything including dropping the video to the lowest rate.

I hope they fix this soon. My old parrot drone never had an issue with the video feed.

I think i'm in the same boat. I thought my intermittent FPV was range related but I'm no longer sure. Its completely gone now. I've been trying to link directly to the camera while on the ground but it doesn't seem to be broadcasting. Could someone else try to link to their camera and tell me if theirs is live.

I read the QR code on my phantom box for the MAC address of the camera and link a constructed address: "FC200_" followed by the last 6 hex characters of the Mac address. Does this work with a functioning P2V?

Thanks
Harry

Well at least its not just me. My Vision started dropping the FPV ocassionally at first...now its gone 19 out if 20 tries. I've tried rebinding, sequencing, cold restarts, reduced resolution, everything. It just gives me a black screen. Telemetry works fine, but no video feed. Until today I've been using an independent 'powerking' router/extender when the DJI extender didn't work, and that seemed to do the trick...but as of today - that's black as well.
Whats strange is when it does occasionally work - it forks fine...even at 30fps. Very frustrating.

I tried it again today by switching to airplane mode and closing everything and using the lowest video settings.

Same thing. Works for a few minutes then black.

When it works it great. But impossible to get the shot you want with out knowing what the camera is seeing.

Try this! When you have everything turned on and you have no video feed on your iPod etc., go into the camera settings and touch the reset (restores all default camera settings) page 56 in the manual. Flight battery restart is needed to allow restoration to take effect. Shut the iPod off before you turn off the phantom. Turn the phantom back on and then the iPod. This worked for me. Now to keep the camera settings clean to shut everything down...turn off the iPod first, next the phantom, the range extender, and controller. When turning everything on...the controller on first, the range extender second, the Phantom, and iPod. With fingers crossed, the video feed is coming on for me.

mrfun said:
Until today I've been using an independent 'powerking' router/extender when the DJI extender didn't work, and that seemed to do the trick.

Did you post how you did this set up anywhere?

Harry

Have you checked to see how much free memory is left on you're device? My galaxy tab was losing FPV and running slow/freezing until I freed up a load of memory on it :)

SunnyFl sequence does NOT work for me. That's pretty much my standard startup/shutdown sequence and the reset doesn't have any impact on video. (I did get a low battery alarm at 98% ... that's weird).
Has anyone found where to get a copy of the previous version of the app (1.032?) ?

mrfun said:
Harry - for the powerking setup see...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 9&page=345
scroll down to 5170

There's also a lot of discussion on pp.com - search for 'docooler' or 'argtek'.

Many thanks. Now that I have pushed the camera cable back fully into the camera, my FPV works as it did formerly. Next I will check the FPV range before deciding if anything else is necessary.

Thanks

I returned my unit last week. Most of you are not describing my original problem (no FPV at all, ever) so I shipped it back to the store for servicing. That being said, there's an app update live since this morning. Curious to see if it makes things better at all for FPV and such. From the "what's new" section, I think it won't.

Thanks Oullete for this post, I had not noticed the update. At first I thought you meant just an Android update, but an ios version was released this am as well.
Sadly, I still have no FPV. It is acting slightly different: Before when I selected camera it would give telemtry but no FPV...... just a black screen. Now the little spinning wheel icon just spins indefinitely on top of a black screen and telemetry.
Very disapointing to say the least.
I know you would be sick having sent yours back in and then a week later they finally come through with a solution.
Let us know how the servicing goes,
Will

willriii said:
Thanks Oullete for this post, I had not noticed the update. At first I thought you meant just an Android update, but an ios version was released this am as well.
Sadly, I still have no FPV. It is acting slightly different: Before when I selected camera it would give telemtry but no FPV...... just a black screen. Now the little spinning wheel icon just spins indefinitely on top of a black screen and telemetry.
Very disapointing to say the least.
I know you would be sick having sent yours back in and then a week later they finally come through with a solution.
Let us know how the servicing goes,
Will

Can you do a full uninstall.
Then try install the new app.
Let us know if the new app fixes this problem.

Got the new app as an update - got video at first...then lost it.
Deleted app and reinstalled a fresh copy - no video still...just a spinning loader image.

This has got to be a heat problem. I've actually built a mold for a ziplock bag that fits over the camera during transport. I freeze it and after a half hour or so - video works (9 times out of 10). I'm calling L.A. tomorrow to see what the deal is.

Farside said:
I noticed that I seem to get either a black screen or frozen or choppy video when I don't completely close out other apps that may have been running.
Today I had issues, looked for apps to close out but there were none. Then I noticed that my weather widget was trying to refresh the weather. I let it and then tried the DJI app and I was back in business.

This has been my experience too. I have the Moverio glasses that run Android 4.0. Originally they worked fine, but after I installed some additional apps like an optional browser and a video player, it started losing video connection. Finally, I restored to factory settings and installed the Vision app first. works great now. I'm thinking that at least some of these 'no video' or 'lost connection' problems are caused by other apps on the device.

Mako79,
Sorry missed your response till now. Uninstalling the app, then re-installing did not work.
Will

Turns out the problem was a faulty Wifi module inside the Phantom. I just received my repaired Phantom and the feed works perfectly. I've documented my return experience here, I'll update with the resolution momentarily. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19559

I bought the wifi module from Helipal and now FPV works perfectly. Very happy this is finally resolved.
Will

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20