FPV monitor for HDMI connection to P4

Reaction score
Looking for a recommendation for a 1,000cd/m2 monitor to HDMI connect directly to my P4 transmitter. Anyone have first hand experience with hobbyking's feelworld monitor or any other suggestions? I know black pearl has been around for a while and recommended by many, but I'm looking to invest in a newer model with brighter screen than what the BP provides.

I currently use an iPad Air2, but using it outside even with a hood is still difficult and tiring to hold. Therefore I'm looking for something I can mount to a tripod and put it at eye level.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have two. A Koolertron and a Atomos Ninja2.
The Koolertron is a 7" monitor with a single battery slot. The Ninja2 is about 5 inches but has a recording capability and dual batteries. Mine has a 500GB SSD in it. Only downside is the files are really big since it is uncompressed mov format.

The plus of the Atomos is you can record the video out, and leave the P4 in camera mode. Sure it is only 720p but overcomes the inability of the P4 to do both. Plus with the OSD turned on you can have all the flight info in the video.

I have two. A Koolertron and a Atomos Ninja2.
The Koolertron is a 7" monitor with a single battery slot. The Ninja2 is about 5 inches but has a recording capability and dual batteries. Mine has a 500GB SSD in it. Only downside is the files are really big since it is uncompressed mov format.

The plus of the Atomos is you can record the video out, and leave the P4 in camera mode. Sure it is only 720p but overcomes the inability of the P4 to do both. Plus with the OSD turned on you can have all the flight info in the video.
How much for those, and do they have their own batteries, or do I have to plug it in somewhere?

>>> How much for those, and do they have their own batteries, or do I have to plug it in somewhere?

The Koolertron was 185 and came with a battery. Also came with a sled so you could use come DSLR batteries as well. I happen to shoot with a Nikon D7100 and a D810 so the batteries where compatible with the sled. I think it also has a Canon sled also.

The Ninja2 was around 300, but you will need to add you own drive. I used a solid state drive to save power.

If you search on Amazon for "hdmi field monitor" you will find many different options.

thanks^
>>> How much for those, and do they have their own batteries, or do I have to plug it in somewhere?

The Koolertron was 185 and came with a battery. Also came with a sled so you could use come DSLR batteries as well. I happen to shoot with a Nikon D7100 and a D810 so the batteries where compatible with the sled. I think it also has a Canon sled also.

The Ninja2 was around 300, but you will need to add you own drive. I used a solid state drive to save power.

If you search on Amazon for "hdmi field monitor" you will find many different options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31