FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Ah, I get you. On phantom v/v+ ce/fcc on the transmitter switch controls 5.8GHz band power.
If you didn't noticed, it's different paragraphs in the original post. I've never said transmitter uses 2.4GHz on v+.

What I meant is the reason for DJI to limit tx power is local regulations, the same reason they have two modes on the transmitter.

Stilll PVFlyer is avoiding a simple question.........says volumes to me...a simple yes or no would of sufficed....I'm a developer too...... Its ok PFlyer if your app only adjust wifi power....we just need to know if it does more.... LIKE YOU ORIGINALLY CLIAMED.....

I'm one of many who really like this app for the increased and more stable FPV it gives but I agree it does taste a bit bad if some of the advertised features and reasons why this app is the "real deal" vs other similar apps in fact haven't been anything but lies.

As far from professional you can get if you ask me and want to be seen as a serious developer but I still hope that is not true but that this app indeed is having features further improving FPV that the other apps are lacking.

Dire said:
Stilll PVFlyer is avoiding a simple question.........says volumes to me...a simple yes or no would of sufficed....I'm a developer too...... Its ok PFlyer if your app only adjust wifi power....we just need to know if it does more.... LIKE YOU ORIGINALLY CLIAMED.....
Please read the OP (on page 1) carefully though it's a bit lengthy, you should get the answers. Feel free to ask if you still could not get your answer.

read the original OP??... ok...whats this "interference control algorithm" you speak of?...... does you app do more than increase the power???.....simple question

Oh gotta say thanks to DCI for doing the homework...i wouldn't have bothered but you provided prove that is easily repeatable....PVflyer provides spin and nothing more...i dont want to know what the algorithm is i just want to know that its there...... i cant even get a resounding yes from PV flyer in that regard...

I as well am a software developer and find this both interesting and shocking. If the allegations are true, I feel duped, even though I was able to fly my furthest FPV with the latest app. :)

I must say that I'm still glad to have contributed money to the people who first made this app available, which enabled me to be lazy where I could simply push a button. I am a bit disappointed if there is no such "advanced control algorithm", however, and agree that it is not ethical to market things that don't exist (if it truly doesn't).

Long story short, this app helps me fly further using FPV, so I'm still happy either way.

I am a very inexperienced flyer with no knowledge of software coding. I do have a keen working knowledge of wireless networking and computer related equipment.

I have not ever been able to set the preview quality at anything greater than the minimum setting. When I saw this app I thought it may be the answer to being able to increase the quality of the FPV.
While I understand the main point of this app is to increase the distance I can put between myself and the Phantom and maintain a video connection I thought that the streaming quality would also be enhanced.
It seems a number of other members have indeed experienced this potential increase.
I have both versions of this app on my android device, now a 8.4" tab S (awesome) and I still cannot stream anything but the minimum. Unless I have the Phantom on the table next to me I must keep it at 320x240 15fps.
I have played with this mainly at my cabin in which my wifi is the only network any of my devices can detect. I even shut down my area wifi leaving only the phantom network available. I don't believe I have much emi or interference to contend with.
With the Phantom on the ground 15 feet away from me I have tried to increase the resolution with no luck, just a black screen. It is not delayed, just black. I activate the booster app and everything is the same, no change. This is the same with either version. I don't just try to go to the max but even just to 30fps. I have tried them all.

Am I missing something here or what? Am I expecting something that the intent of this app is not going to help with? Should not increased Tx also provide increased data flow potential?

bouvier said:
I am a very inexperienced flyer with no knowledge of software coding. I do have a keen working knowledge of wireless networking and computer related equipment.

I have not ever been able to set the preview quality at anything greater than the minimum setting. When I saw this app I thought it may be the answer to being able to increase the quality of the FPV.
While I understand the main point of this app is to increase the distance I can put between myself and the Phantom and maintain a video connection I thought that the streaming quality would also be enhanced.
It seems a number of other members have indeed experienced this potential increase.
I have both versions of this app on my android device, now a 8.4" tab S (awesome) and I still cannot stream anything but the minimum. Unless I have the Phantom on the table next to me I must keep it at 320x240 15fps.
I have played with this mainly at my cabin in which my wifi is the only network any of my devices can detect. I even shut down my area wifi leaving only the phantom network available. I don't believe I have much emi or interference to contend with.
With the Phantom on the ground 15 feet away from me I have tried to increase the resolution with no luck, just a black screen. It is not delayed, just black. I activate the booster app and everything is the same, no change. This is the same with either version. I don't just try to go to the max but even just to 30fps. I have tried them all.

Am I missing something here or what? Am I expecting something that the intent of this app is not going to help with? Should not increased Tx also provide increased data flow potential?

I've had pretty much the same experience as quoted above. The only thing I don't agree with is the comment about "Should not increased Tx also provide increased data flow potential?" Those are two separate items I'm pretty sure.

As a former COBOL and RPG programmer, It appears to me that dci knows what he's talking about.

MattUNI2001 said:
I as well am a software developer and find this both interesting and shocking. If the allegations are true, I feel duped, even though I was able to fly my furthest FPV with the latest app. :)

I must say that I'm still glad to have contributed money to the people who first made this app available, which enabled me to be lazy where I could simply push a button. I am a bit disappointed if there is no such "advanced control algorithm", however, and agree that it is not ethical to market things that don't exist (if it truly doesn't).

Long story short, this app helps me fly further using FPV, so I'm still happy either way.
There's tar with sample shell scripts a couple of pages ago. They're obviously open source and very short, so you can read them before executing to be sure they're not doing anything funny.
See for yourself is there any practical difference.

On pure bandwidth subject, no apps involved, there are numerous reports that the streaming quality is very inconsistent Bouvier. I've not read any article with a definitive solution to it but a few have found antenna connections were not firmly connected as one possible cause. If your phantom is not very old its probably worth trying to get it swapped for another one. If you've had it a while and reasonably comfortable with basic electronics hobby stuff it might be worth checking the connectors inside the re700. Bird side is a lot more fiddly. I'm not saying this will help but its an easy thing to check if you ate comfortable popping the lid off.

I get very stable streaming to an N5 at the highest quality / pfs, setting although many don't. Not saying this to annoy anyone who doesn't but just to illustrate not all phantoms are born equal.

I wanted longer range so swapped the antennas for good quality lhcp ones and got fantastic improvement on distance but probably would never have tried it if I didn't have good close up performance first.

On the whole 'what's this app really do' question I can't understand why the hostility towards DCI on this. He's the one who's posted verifiable decompiled code. Very easy for OP to put a halt to this if he backs up claims with any evidence. Personally I believe the app works to improve range just not in the way described. Bit like Chinese manufactures claiming vastly reduced production costs by inventing cloning when they really just doubled the workforce and halved the pay. Not quite the same thing but people will stay say 'ohh shiny, want one'. One is illegal whereas the other is illegal, in some places.

saltire said:
99.9% Of folks on here dont give a **** and dont understand the stuff you write on here seems like you are just here to stir up trouble now please go away and dont come back :evil:

To be honest, I am very interested, but do not blame anyone for anything (I still prefer to pay for an application rather than tinkering with shell, config files, etc), but rather out the concern that I always had to upload something foreign on the phantom.

If the 2nd version of the booster uploads an additional process on the phantom just to do the same thing that the 1st version do, but only to do it every 5 seconds, I consider the additional process useless (what could change these parameters after setting them up the first time?) and potentially dangerous (change of parameters during the flight, disconnections, memory leaks, etc) so I prefer to know and I prefer to use the 1st version only.

saltire said:
14 Posts and all just slagging this guy who made an app take it to pm and stop filling the board up with crap.
I can't believe you are still 'protecting' PVFlyer. PVFlyer has made very well for himself selling an app on false promises. dci should be commended for an excellent job, proving that there is nothing algorithmic to what PVFlyer did.
People believe what they want to believe.
I also was fooled and bought it based on the assumption of intelligent interference control. I also bought it because I believed there was a channel 7 control being added. Let's be real: this is yet another scam.
With the code quality I saw as per dci, PVFlyer or his programmer would never be able to analyze the wifi command stream, yet alone change them....

Yes, we were conned, scammed, - whatever you want to call it.
Dci, excellent job!
PVFlyer, I don't trust anything you say anymore.

bouvier said:

I had the same problem! You probably have a crappy tablet !

I didn't know what to think about all this first but now...if I was the developer and I knew I haven't said nor claimed anything that wasn't fully true and someone claimed the opposite my natural reaction would have been to prove the false accusations indeed were false.

Why the developer here hasn't done that but instead avoided several straight forward questions time after time sure is fishy IMO.

Oh well, at least I don't regret buying this app because it has improved my FPV range and that was what I bought it for.

The difference is I've provided a checkable proof for my words.
I do understand that's count as proof for a few, most people can't read MIPS16 assembler.
However, most people have a geek friend who do (or can at least resemble call sequence by looking at it).
So if you don't know what to believe and you do have such a friend -- you may ask him/her for his/her opinion on this conversation.
Of course I can publish any other block of code by request (or maybe it's time to release all the code...).

I am not the developer who coded this FPV Booster. I have expressed what I know at my best knowledge. It came across all of a sudden yesterday, a few new registered members (Dire joined 9/3, dci joined 9/24, Jonas joined 10/3) who had never posted to other thread before except this thread, and keep challenging the codes. I can guess the intention somehow though. I requested to prove it right by comparing the performance of his disassembled codes and FPV Booster app (he has both with him) by flying Vision+ aircraft and share a video of screen recording with us instead of keep trolling codes that most of our members don't understand or not interested, but he was reluctant to do so. I think this is much easier for us to visualize the performance.

What it really surprised me is this guy seemed not even knowing FCC/EC mode is for 5.8G controller and unrelated to 2.4G Wifi at all.

PVFlyer said:
dci said:
BGevaerts said:
I just wonder why DJI is not implementing this in their app ...
Because you're likely violating local laws by rising tx power. 2.4GHz is VERY busy band so almost every country and state has some limits on outdoor usage of this band.

That's also the reason DJI has controllers with different power for FCC (stronger) vs CE (weaker) for different countries (this however can be switched in a second with a screwdriver).
OMG, do you think the FCC/CE mode controlling the power of 2.4G? I just could not believe you lack of this basic knowledge Mr. malware analyst. :evil: Read the manual please.

Per this kind of nonsense answer, I cannot stop suspecting you really own a Vision+ or just trolling.

Anyway, I was advised to stop disputing on this matter from now on.

I don't know whether these accusations are true or not, but I fail to see why the author should have to prove anything. It's not the author that's making the accusations, so the burden of "proof" is on the accuser, who prior to posting in this thread had ZERO other posts on this board in any topic. What are his real motives? Consumer protection? Maybe, but far more likely a disgruntled competitor simply seeking to steal a technique, and instead of finding what he wanted, decided to try to discredit his competition through what are libelous, defamatory accusations. Why the **** would you spend time decompiling this unless you were trying to steal something in the first place?

By definition, what you're saying here in public (dci) IS libel, unless proven to the contrary in a court of law. If you really want to "protect" consumers, then don't bring your "proof" in the form of highly ambiguous snippets of code which could have been written by anyone, including yourself. Take it to PM, or take it to court. Right now, you're capable of proving nothing, because you have no vehicle for defining the scope or validity of what you assert. You have no way to prove that said "code" came from the source app other than your own words. You could post any code you want, but that will never mean it belongs to the author unless you can literally demonstrate the method of extraction in a physical setting.

You admitted yourself that your "proof" is useless unless the "evidence" was obtained independently by somebody else capable of dissembling the app themselves, so really, why are you here and what do you hope to achieve other than a law suit? Shall we wait for the next random dude with 3 posts to his credit to back you up?

This isn't "technology", people. This is a tiny little app that does nothing remarkably intuitive, costs virtually nothing, and could quite realistically be shut down by DJI with a single firmware update. Use it, enjoy it (because it works), and get a life.

PVFlyer,

New record... I hit 8,117.2ft distance. I had my Preview Quality set to 320x240 15fps this time.

Attachments

• photo7.PNG
    photo7.PNG
    473.1 KB · Views: 490

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj