FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Thanks DBS for your advice. I have been fairly tired in the past few days due to fever and some disputes. I may need to take a break on this lengthy thread since created it in April. This tiny app would not be so successful without all you folks' support and contribution in the past several months. I really appreciate that. Good luck guys and happy flying! :D

PVFlyer said:
What it really surprised me is this guy seemed not even knowing FCC/EC mode is for 5.8G controller and unrelated to 2.4G Wifi at all.

PVFlyer said:
dci said:
Because you're likely violating local laws by rising tx power. 2.4GHz is VERY busy band so almost every country and state has some limits on outdoor usage of this band.

That's also the reason DJI has controllers with different power for FCC (stronger) vs CE (weaker) for different countries (this however can be switched in a second with a screwdriver).
OMG, do you think the FCC/CE mode controlling the power of 2.4G? I just could not believe you lack of this basic knowledge Mr. malware analyst. :evil: Read the manual please.

Per this kind of nonsense answer, I cannot stop suspecting you really own a Vision+ or just trolling.

Anyway, I was advised to stop disputing on this matter from now on.

PVFlyer, your arguments are ridiculous, and your conclusions are dumbfounded.
Dci never claimed that the FCC/CE mode was controlling the power of 2.4G.
Are you now trying to discredit him by making false statements?
All he claimed was that 2.4GHz band is busy and regulated, and so is the 5.8G. Reread his statement and your quote of it. He used the word ALSO.

Did your app help people achieve longer video ranges? Yes, and nobody is questioning that, including dci.
Did you make false marketing attempts? Absolutely! And I would even call them lies.
Does dci have any other motives? Maybe, we don't know. Maybe he was working on a real interference algorithm, and did not get there yet, and you stole all his market by claiming your app does it. Maybe he analyzed your code to see why it wasn't performing as expected, and maybe there is another reason. Regardless, his work helped our community understand that you are not to be trusted.
Which brings me back to your channel 7 claims. At this point based on exposing your antics, unless we see differently - I seriously doubt your capability of developing such a thing.

I'm amazed though how many people in this forum are trying to discredit dci.
Does the fact he had only 3 posts make him a troll?
Does the fact that he posted code which most people don't understand, make him have evil intentions?
Dci stood behind his claims and gave excellent explanations. That same cannot be said about PVFlyer.

varmint said:
but far more likely a disgruntled competitor simply seeking to steal a technique
And that's why I've published all the technique and free code, right? To compete better?
varmint said:
Why the **** would you spend time decompiling this unless you were trying to steal something in the first place?
Oh dear. I've spent less than an hour doing all the disassembling (and it's mostly due to relatively rare MIPS CPU), it's not a big deal for me.
It's like a lot of unix administrators will look at the script code, if that script fails to do its task.
This program failed to do what it's marketed for, so I've decided to look at code.
varmint said:
By definition, what you're saying here in public (dci) IS libel, unless proven to the contrary in a court of law.
By definition it's a provable statement. It will become libel if anyone proves it wrong.
You know, I didn't want to create such a long and violent discussion, it's really nervous and exhausting after all. And of course I won't go to Hong Kong to sue PVFlyer for nine dollars.
I just wanted to hear an apology from a guy who aggressively marketed this app as something this app is not.
I thought it should be sufficient to publish a vague description of the program algorithm to get this apology, I was a software developer and that would be sufficient for me.
Now it makes sense.
PVFlyer said:
I am not the developer who coded this FPV Booster. I have expressed what I know at my best knowledge.

All that proof, you called libel, was published when PVFlyer said the line with set distance was commented out. After all, commented lines don't make it to the binary, C preprocessor cuts them away, ask ANY C developer.

The worst part is that it's so easy to prove me wrong, IDA is publicly available to compare texts, strace log may be collected by anyone with minimum linux knowledge, it'll take less time than you've used to write your rant, but why bother yourself, I have no posts on this forum so I'm definitely some kind of troll or a competitor and my all words are libel, right.

I feel I need a break from this thread too.
Thanks everyone who supported me, that really means a lot to me.
Wbb in a day or two.

I'm nothing but one of the many customers and users of this app, an app which I've already said I'm happy I bought because it did what was said it would do...it improved my FPV distance.

Now with that said I have one very simple question to you PVFlyer which can be answered with an equally simple yes or no and it won't force you into revealing anything that your competitors could use to steal anything from you. I just want your honest answer proving nothing about your app but about you as a person.

Lots of pages back in this thread when we (you and customers like myself) were discussing your app vs other similar apps you told us those other apps were nothing but bad clones of your app developed by people trying to steal your idea and ride on the wave of success but with one major difference making those other apps noting but bad clones and not as good as your app...those other apps didn't include the same advanced algorithms/methods used by your app to further improve the FPV distance/stability. You told us how your app didn't simply change the power of the signal like the other "clones" but that is also used other advanced methods/algorithms to further improve the effectiveness of the app.

I also remember you were telling us your app (and IIRC it was announced by you as the main improvement in version 2 over version 1 of your app) would be that the app would now also include methods that would adjust how the app boosted the FPV performance depending on what environment you were flying in (urban/rural) by "sensing" the level of WiFi congestion and other interference.

So now to my very simple question for you PVFlyer - does your app include these extra features?

Then finally to varmint - the question here is really very simple...I and many other "normal" customers would just like to know if we have been lied to. To me I don't care about the money spent on this app but what I do care about is if I have been lied to for someone to take my money regardless if it's $1 or $100.

I'm not particularly fond of people lying me straight up my face if that's the case here, are you...?

Jonas said:
PVFlyer said:
What it really surprised me is this guy seemed not even knowing FCC/EC mode is for 5.8G controller and unrelated to 2.4G Wifi at all.

You really are an *******! Just for this sentence! Even after others pointed to you that you misread dci post and that you are wrong in saying that, you still repeat it! I now definitely believe you are reacting maliciously and evil, trying to discredit dci by stating false claims hoping that few old members will not bother to go back few pages and see what dci actually wrote, but instead trust you and then say something like "get the fu** out" to dci.

That man does not deserve it, he is a computer expert far more capable than you and even your friend who actually made this app. I can say that by purely looking at the code and examples he provided here in this forum.

Again, for those who will not bother to go back few pages, here is what dci said:
dci said:
BGevaerts said:
I just wonder why DJI is not implementing this in their app ...
Because you're likely violating local laws by rising tx power. 2.4GHz is VERY busy band so almost every country and state has some limits on outdoor usage of this band.

That's also the reason DJI has controllers with different power for FCC (stronger) vs CE (weaker) for different countries (this however can be switched in a second with a screwdriver).

With regards me as being a new member here. Let me just say this. I am in this forum now for about half year, just passively reading I had no need to write something until now. My motivation is only because I hate unfairness in the world generally and I saw here that PVFlyer is being unfair and also malicious, bullying dci... I see the same evil **** that can be seen in politicians, who are trained to manipulate the masses, that is what PVFlyer is doing now.

What I just came to think about and remember was how the first version of the app could not be upgraded the normal way for all customers who already bought the app due to a technical issue with Google Play and that was "solved" by releasing the app using a new name and as a new developer forcing all people who already bought the app to buy it one more time although at a reduced price the first 3 days...hmm... I've honestly never ever heard about that kind of technical issue with Google Play before for any of my other Android apps and I have lots of them and have been using an Android smartphone for many years by now.

I can't help thinking to myself I wonder if PVFlyer and his "developer friend" (does he/she even exist?) are thinking to themselves right now "Oups...I think we're busted and won't be able to take this any further but hey...it was great as long as it lasted and we did make a fair amount of bucks..."

I've personally seen the improvements this app gives to distance flying, and indeed even credited it during my recent 3.1 mile distance flight, so there's no doubt it does that part well.

However I chose this app over others due to the so called Interference Control Algorithm because I thought it gave a competitive edge, but since DCI's post I've not seen PVFlyer deny in any way DCI's claims that ICA is a bogus algorithm. All PVFlyer had to say was, DCI is lying and we really do have a sophisticated interference algorithm. Instead he has skirted around the numerous attempts to give PVFlyer chance to redeem this with a simple yes/no, so I believe DCI is telling the truth.

I will continue to use and like this app, I will still give credit to it in helping to achieve the distance I did, but please PVFlyer, if the Interference Control Algorithm is as DCI exposed, please just admit it and we can all move on. You still have a very useful app that will help many more P2V+ flyers out there who just want a simple one-button app to boost distance.

OK so just to throw a monkey wrench in here. Have any of you tested this app vs vision plus utility? I have both but have not tested to see if there is any difference. And to PVFlyer...we all just want a yes or no bud...not a long explanation.

lsteigerwalt said:
OK so just to throw a monkey wrench in here. Have any of you tested this app vs vision plus utility? I have both but have not tested to see if there is any difference. And to PVFlyer...we all just want a yes or no bud...not a long explanation.
YES, as we stated in the OP. We use 13dBm TX power and you may test and compare the performance with other apps. Of course, those haters would say this is just some additional tweaks, why advertise it interference control? This is similar to we advertise it as FPV Booster app, why not call it 13dBm TX power app?

I wonder why nobody researching all these tweaks for Vision+. When someone did it, haters deprecate it as nothing but copy and use it. This is similar to many simple stuff like Apple get/fight for a simple patent Slide-to-Unlock on smartphone.

PVFlyer said:
...why advertise it interference control? This is similar to we advertise it as FPV Booster app, why not call it 13dBm TX power app?

Oops, now you've lost even me as a supporter :evil: I was clearly giving you the benefit of the doubt, as you could see from my previous post, but now you're essentially admitting the deception yourself by trying to sluff it off as "marketing? You were better off keeping your mouth shut, frankly.

You stated numerous times that you were working on, and later had implemented an "interference control algorithm." This doesn't just imply a mechanization, it flat-out states it. I suppose the fact that RSSI is not and never was available (even in DJI apps), should have been a clue that you were over-stating your capabilities, as without it, there's nothing to base any such "algorithm" on in the first place.

Increasing or reducing TX power for longer FPV range is depending on many factors. Higher TX power usually means more RF noise and heat. We lower the TX power to lower the noise and it's easier to cope with our Interference Control Algorithm.

So let me see if I've got this straight; by "lowering" the TX power from, what 20dbm (V1)? to 13dbm (V2), you are actually trying to call that an "algorithm"? I believe the term is a "constant". The fact that you charged for that "update" (due to technical issues with the Google Play store of course), is pretty ******* lame.

(1) Interference Control Algorithm (ICA): The unique ICA outperforms Android booster V1.0 and other booster apps additional 50% FPV range with the same TX power by reducing interference from both environment and Vision+ aircraft’s own electronics. This is proven on iOS booster V2.0 that was released in late July.

... within a week or so. In general, we are working to apply interference control algorithm (ICA) on the repeater end. In addition, we have been researching to adjust TX power/ICA ...

... from an app. We set TX power to 13dBm and apply a unique Interference Control Algorithm (ICA) for boosting FPV range. We tested various TX power all the way from 3dBm to ...

..set TX power to 13dBm and apply a unique Interference Control Algorithm...

V1, which are both 13dBm (20mW). However, V2 equips with interference control algorithm and outperforms V1 by extra 30%-50% FPV range.

So V1 was already at 13dbm? Am I reading that right? We know there's no code now, because you admitted it yourself, but did you actually do ANYTHING for V2? Shame on you for lying (no other definition applies), and shame on me for backing you and your "friend" up when the issue was raised. My apologies to those I doubted, and to PVFlyer, my condolences. Looks like you sealed your own fate on this one.

He contacted me with a PM and I asked him why. He said he did that because he didn't want to stir things up even more. He gave me some lame explanations still trying to avoid the actual question...did he lie when he told us about the advanced algorithms etc.

In my last message I asked him what actually is the major difference between version 1 and 2 which he got paid for due to the "technical issue" with Google Play and I'm still waiting for the answer...which in fact is an answer in itself I'm afraid...

So it seems to me (and correct me if i'm wrong) this Fabulous "Interference Control Algorithm" that he;s worked on so much only checks to make sure the TX power is 13dBm every 5 seconds??... I'm guessing theres some strange, Intelligent and Linux aware interference that knows how to find a Phantom, connect to it via WIFI (knowing the password) and use Linux commands to reduce/change the WIFI TX power while your flying?? I guess if that's right then PVFlyer is right. (that's sarcasm... in case it wasn't obvious)

PVflyers constant attempts to skirt around the question without answering it says so much more than anything he actually says.

I guess I'm what he calls a hater cos this is the 1st thread that i commented on. I've been reading this forum since i got my bird about a month ago and found it informative. The only reason i haven't spoken before is that as a new user i didn't think had anything much to contribute YET. I, like many of you, dont like to see something unethical or worse still a downright lie and that's what PVFlyer seems to have done. Lied about his app in a (mostly successful) attempt to get as much money as he can. My worry now is this thread is so big that most wont look at it all the way through. I hope no one else gets conned by this,

PVFlyer said:
Thanks DBS for your advice. I have been fairly tired in the past few days due to fever and some disputes.

Reminds me of "Sanford and Son"...Fred would often involves himself in various get-rich-quick schemes, and when things didn't go the way he wanted them to, Fred would inevitably have a simulated heart attack, accentuated by clutching his chest and crying out to his late wife: "Oh, this is the big one! You hear that, Elizabeth?! I'm coming to join you, honey!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM

I think we are getting close to the point where we should all say thank you to dci for opening our eyes.

Maybe if we're in real luck dci might be the guy who actually could come up with a real improvement of this app. Of course that would be in the form of a new app and we would have to pay again but personally I would be happy to pay for an app developed by someone who really knows what he's doing.

Hell I would be happy to pay for an app that perm sets the power to 13-15 and has an option of removing it later should the user ever want to. I know nothing about coding beyond QBASIC and hex coding for sat cards :) from a long long time ago. So the shell script instructions are a bit over my head. Anyone interested in making such an app??? Pretty please? Present OP excluded of course.

Am I wrong or the first version of this app is no longer present on google play?
I cannot find it anymore. I still have it installed on my phone along with the (useless?) Version 2, but since V1 of the APP does the same thing of the V2 without unnecessary "plugin", and having paid both versions, I would like to have the certainty of being able to download the 1st version when I will change the smartphone.

rbhamilton said:
You guys are finally cluing in to the fact this app is a scam? Lol.

The 1st version of this app does exactly what it says, the 2nd version do AT LEAST the same thing that the V1 makes and it cost as much as a coffee, so don't try to confuse the last issues raised with your persistent trolling.

lsteigerwalt said:
Hell I would be happy to pay for an app that perm sets the power to 13-15 and has an option of removing it later should the user ever want to. I know nothing about coding beyond QBASIC and hex coding for sat cards :) from a long long time ago. So the shell script instructions are a bit over my head. Anyone interested in making such an app??? Pretty please? Present OP excluded of course.
I'm all for this ;) , but my guess is that it isn't possible to get it in there permanently, like the idea though, so much easier than setting it every time you fire up the Phantom ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164