FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

nhoover said:
Thanks for making it available cheaply. I've downloaded and will test this afternoon. V1 best to beat = 7419'.

6,534ft with 640x480 15fps :

. sigwameister: 6,534ft / 1,992m (Android V1, 640x480/15fps)

I cant buy anything from Play Store of some odd reason. I have spent more than one hour changing between credit cards but it still only give me "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later." when placing an order, both on my phone and my laptop. It might be because im currently in China but i use a VPN located in my home country so it should work. Can i pay you PVFlyer via Paypal instead and get the app via email or a link if that works with an un-rooted phone, LG G3

Zacca said:
I cant buy anything from Play Store of some odd reason. I have spent more than one hour changing between credit cards but it still only give me "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later." when placing an order, both on my phone and my laptop. It might be because im currently in China but i use a VPN located in my home country so it should work. Can i pay you PVFlyer via Paypal instead and get the app via email or a link if that works with an un-rooted phone, LG G3
Google Play store does NOT support paid app in China. Sorry about that. Apple App Store support paid app in China though.

PVFlyer,

I hit a new record tonight, 6,628.8 ft distance. My Preview was set at 640x480 15fps.

Attachments

• photo5.PNG
    photo5.PNG
    302.6 KB · Views: 368
rbarghini said:
PVFlyer,

I hit a new record tonight, 6,628.8 ft distance. My Preview was set at 640x480 15fps.
Glad to know you keep breaking your personal best - 2km mark so far. I have updated the scoreboard, and you are ranking #5 now. I admire your persistence of keep challenging and pushing the limit.

As we released Android FPV Booster V2.1 a few days ago, rank #4 nhoover (with Android) will push his limit for sure. Fly safe!

PVFlyer,

I had to make another attempt... it's just too nice of a night out there tonight. I made it to 7,519.4 ft distance. I was using the same Preview setting at 640x480 15fps.

Attachments

• photo6.PNG
    photo6.PNG
    360.8 KB · Views: 392
I tried a couple of times this evening. First without any booster, I was amazed to go 5803' with 640x480@30 - haven't flown much with preview set that high but wanted to see how it went. I then flew back to about 5200' then set to 320x240@15 to see how far it would go and surprisingly only got 5713'. This is at 500' altitude.

Then in a second mission, same place, I flew boosted by 2.1. Unfortunately I only made it 5613' with 640x480@30 but made it to 6423' with 320x240@15 (although it was near 600' altitude - it was a little less at 500'). Still 1000' short of my best with V1 booster. I was flying close to where I did 7419' and I remember FPV was cutting out around 6800' but it happened to come back at my turnaround point a bit over 7400'. This time that didn't happen. Anyway, this area has no wifi interference so it's not such a good test of V1 vs V2 I guess. On this flight my Flytrex worked perfectly - here is the data: http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... ver-69880/

I did a third flight on a different path and made it 6753' with FPV at 320x240@15.

I love these apps and I guess I'll finally add a patch antenna to my 5.8 TX since I am often losing control around the same place I'm losing FPV. There are a lot of variables (height, humidity, temperature etc) so one test is not definitive.

Thanks for a great app (again).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-12-18-55-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-12-18-55-13.png
    620.1 KB · Views: 346
rbarghini said:
PVFlyer,

I had to make another attempt... it's just too nice of a night out there tonight. I made it to 7,519.4 ft distance. I was using the same Preview setting at 640x480 15fps.
Well done! I have updated the scoreboard in the OP as well as in Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fpvbooster/pho ... nt_count=1 :D Let me know your Facebook name if you have one.

Can you post a review to Apple App Store and rate the app?

Geert said:
Are there still any plans for this app for the P2V?

Geert./.
Yes, I finished the research of P2V booster and passed the research data to my buddy months ago. It boosted stock P2V to 1km FPV range 640x480/15fps with stock RE500 repeater. P2V booster is likely to lower TX power of P2V from 20dBm (100mW) to 13dBm (20mW) and apply interference control. It doesn't need that much power to reach 1km per our research.

We also found RE500 does not have sufficient bandwidth to stream 640x480/30fps even you modded the antenna with strong EIRP. We are trying to fix it by software together with P2V booster.

Hope to figure out something in the coming week, and will keep you posted.

nhoover said:
I tried a couple of times this evening. First without any booster, I was amazed to go 5803' with 640x480@30 - haven't flown much with preview set that high but wanted to see how it went. I then flew back to about 5200' then set to 320x240@15 to see how far it would go and surprisingly only got 5713'. This is at 500' altitude.

Then in a second mission, same place, I flew boosted by 2.1. Unfortunately I only made it 5613' with 640x480@30 but made it to 6423' with 320x240@15 (although it was near 600' altitude - it was a little less at 500'). Still 1000' short of my best with V1 booster. I was flying close to where I did 7419' and I remember FPV was cutting out around 6800' but it happened to come back at my turnaround point a bit over 7400'. This time that didn't happen. Anyway, this area has no wifi interference so it's not such a good test of V1 vs V2 I guess. On this flight my Flytrex worked perfectly - here is the data: http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... ver-69880/

I did a third flight on a different path and made it 6753' with FPV at 320x240@15.

I love these apps and I guess I'll finally add a patch antenna to my 5.8 TX since I am often losing control around the same place I'm losing FPV. There are a lot of variables (height, humidity, temperature etc) so one test is not definitive.

Thanks for a great app (again).
Thanks a lot for the write up. I'm surprised 640/30fps FPV range is longer than 320/15fps without boosted :eek: though FPV range may vary depending many factors. Repeater battery level & GS on/off are also factors. It's great you have both V1 and V2.1 for comparison.

Please keep us posted if you have any further updates.

PVFlyer said:
Zacca said:
Google Play store does NOT support paid app in China. Sorry about that. Apple App Store support paid app in China though.

EDIT: Solved it by changing the Chinese SIM-card to one from my home country... So easy :D Thanks anyway for the Booster

Ok i see, but how do they know im in China when using a VPN-server in Europe? Anyhow, could i pay you via PayPal and get the file sent to me?

Re: FPV Booster Version 2.1 for Android is AVAILABLE

PVFlyer said:
FPV Booster Version 2.1 for Android is AVAILABLE NOW in Google Play store.

We offer 3-DAYS (from 2014/09/11 to 2014/09/13) period to download the app at the lowest available price of Android paid app per your country/currency (such as EUR 0.50, USD 0.99 or so). This is an one-time offer as an upgrade of V+ Booster Version 1.0. We will then obsolete the previous V+ Booster Version 1.0 in Play Store though you may still keep it on your Android device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... osterbasic
Just want to remind Android V+ Booster 1.0 users, this 3-DAYS limited offer will be ended soon.

PVFlyer said:
Geert said:

Geert./.
Yes, I finished the research of P2V booster and passed the research data to my buddy months ago. It boosted stock P2V to 1km FPV range 640x480/15fps with stock RE500 repeater. P2V booster is likely to lower TX power of P2V from 20dBm (100mW) to 13dBm (20mW) and apply interference control. It doesn't need that much power to reach 1km per our research.

We also found RE500 does not have sufficient bandwidth to stream 640x480/30fps even you modded the antenna with strong EIRP. We are trying to fix it by software together with P2V booster.

Excellent can't wait to get hold of the booster for the P2V. Strange though that you have problems with 640x480 30fps preview. That is the only resolution I ever fly in since fitting FPVLR antenna upgrade kit.

At that resolution I've been out to >3200ft without loss of fpv. I'm not looking for Max distance and my reasons for fitting the antennas, and interest in your booster, are purely to help reliability of signal. This won't stop me doing a Max range test though once available as it will be very interesting to see just how far I can push it out ;)

RichW said:
PVFlyer said:
Geert said:

Geert./.

Excellent can't wait to get hold of the booster for the P2V. Strange though that you have problems with 640x480 30fps preview. That is the only resolution I ever fly in since fitting FPVLR antenna upgrade kit.

At that resolution I've been out to >3200ft without loss of fpv. I'm not looking for Max distance and my reasons for fitting the antennas, and interest in your booster, are purely to help reliability of signal. This won't stop me doing a Max range test though once available as it will be very interesting to see just how far I can push it out ;)
I wonder can you get a real 640/30fps out to 3200ft? RE500 seems limited to 1Mb bandwidth which is just good enough for 640/15fps per my test back to early this year if you yaw the aircraft 360 degree quickly at a distance. Otherwise, video compression may help to lower 640/30fps bandwidth to below 1Mb. Can you help to test 640/30fps at a distance and yaw 360 degree quickly?

Did some more testing tonight with V2.1. I upgraded the TX so I can finally stop losing control. First I did a flight using a 5dBi omni but it wasn't any better than the stock antenna - in fact worse. I only made it 5623' at 320x240@15. Then I switched to an 11dBi directional and this antenna is great. It never gave out. I lost FPV at 7028' and flew a lot further with no loss of control - nice. On the third flight I lost FPV at 7303' and then flew way further before coming back - fantastic. Now I need to add a couple of directionals to the repeater like I did for the P2V. Then this should be an amazing setup. Probably can get to 2 miles that way. I also have a 14dBi directional I can try. Love this.

My Flytrex Live only recorded a couple of these missions - not the good ones. By reviewing the video and using the distance measuring tool on google maps I figured out that my second flight went just over 9800'. I am definitely going to mod the repeater to add antennas and maybe an amp or two so that I can get FPV that far. The App is great but it's not going to make it that far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-13-16-50-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-16-50-24.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 443
nhoover said:
Did some more testing tonight with V2.1. I upgraded the TX so I can finally stop losing control. First I did a flight using a 5dBi omni but it wasn't any better than the stock antenna - in fact worse. I only made it 5623' at 320x240@15. Then I switched to an 11dBi directional and this antenna is great. It never gave out. I lost FPV at 7028' and flew a lot further with no loss of control - nice. On the third flight I lost FPV at 7303' and then flew way further before coming back - fantastic. Now I need to add a couple of directionals to the repeater like I did for the P2V. Then this should be an amazing setup. Probably can get to 2 miles that way. I also have a 14dBi directional I can try. Love this.

My Flytrex Live only recorded a couple of these missions - not the good ones. By reviewing the video and using the distance measuring tool on google maps I figured out that my second flight went just over 9800'. I am definitely going to mod the repeater to add antennas and maybe an amp or two so that I can get FPV that far. The App is great but it's not going to make it that far.
5dBi omni is usually linear polarized. If you match it with LHCP microstrip patch on the quad, there is -3dB (50% RP power) loss. It seems you modded the repeater, I'm unsure how you test with stock RE700/antenna.

PVFlyer said:
RichW said:
PVFlyer said:
Geert said:

Geert./.

I wonder can you get a real 640/30fps out to 3200ft? RE500 seems limited to 1Mb bandwidth which is just good enough for 640/15fps per my test back to early this year if you yaw the aircraft 360 degree quickly at a distance. Otherwise, video compression may help to lower 640/30fps bandwidth to below 1Mb. Can you help to test 640/30fps at a distance and yaw 360 degree quickly?
Happy to help but yaw quickly at a distance to test for what?

I know I'm on high res and frame rate as its easy to tell by picture quality and update speed in comparison to lower rate and quality. I often fly with someone else holding a 10" tab for me and the differences are very noticeable on screens that size.

I have the X3 (twin dome lhcp) antennas on the control side and as yet not needed to mod the quad side.

The flights out to that distance where in a very rural area with no WiFi interference, probably no interference at all of any kind as you don't even get mobile coverage. One flight consisted of flying down a valley, very wide one, rotated 180 at around 3280' and flying back. Straight line out and back.

Quad was in standard mode, all switches up, still running 1.0.8 firmware as I don't want to lose the faster flying speeds.

Happy to run some more tests if you let me know what your looking for. If there is a dedicated thread for a P2V version that this discussion would be better in let me know

Hi,,

How can you reaches such distances? I can do 350-400 meters at best both straight up or at distance.. The FPV-booster V2.1 increased that to 500-550 ,but the control signal broke a few times before... I'm always pointing the extender toward the Phantom.

Zacca said:
Hi,,

How can you reaches such distances? I can do 350-400 meters at best both straight up or at distance.. The FPV-booster V2.1 increased that to 500-550 ,but the control signal broke a few times before... I'm always pointing the extender toward the Phantom.
Control Signal Lost is due to 5.8G control link dropped regardless how you aim the range extender. You may need to pay attention on 5.8G antenna (rubber ducky) orientation for better control range. FCC mode should give you 800m control range per DJI spec.

FYI, the booster app does NOT boost 5.8G control range. You may refer to FAQ sections in the OP (page 1) for details.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20