FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
MattUNI2001 said:
New personal best with 100% stock aircraft and 100% stock controller in a heavy wifi congested area of Orlando, FL: 3657 feet.
What was your range with booster app V1 in the past? Was it 2100 ft. in the same Wifi congested area? What Preview Quality do you use?

In the specific direction I flew, the furthest I had gotten was approximately 2,900 feet. The video quality was 640@15fps.

I flew another one of my popular routes over to Universal Studios, Florida, and I got almost the same results, although slightly better than V1. I maybe gained about an extra 100 to 150 feet, but enough to allow me to get some pretty amazing shots :)

jaykay2PT said:
jaykay2PT said:
Google Play took my money but I get "FPV Booster" could not be downloaded due to an error (923)

what now??

OK it has now downloaded, panic over

thanks
Glad to know you managed to download it. If you search "error 923 google play", it sounds a very common issue.

I now have V1 and V2.
Legend PVFlyer. Thanks for making it cheap for 3 days.
I cant really test it as i rarely fly out of range. I use it to make my FPV more stable with zero drop outs.

Wish i could have both on IOS and Android as i use my Mini to fly with when i need to conserve battery on my android.
Ii's fiddly boosting with the android - disconnecting - and then switching back to the the mini for FPV.

The original V1 was a similar price for android. However there is an issue with the playstore with updates.
FPVflyer has made V2 a special for 3 days grace for 99cents to compromise with those who have paid for the previos version.
I hope those who have paid for V1 have read this.

Mako79 said:
I now have V1 and V2.
Legend PVFlyer. Thanks for making it cheap for 3 days.
I cant really test it as i rarely fly out of range. I use it to make my FPV more stable with zero drop outs.

Wish i could have both on IOS and Android as i use my Mini to fly with when i need to conserve battery on my android.
Ii's fiddly boosting with the android - disconnecting - and then switching back to the the mini for FPV.
If you really want to test the booster app, you may set to higher Preview Quality (such as 640x480 15/30 fps). It's likely to out fly FPV range without booster. If it does, then you may boost P2V+ and test FPV range again with the same Preview Quality.

Frostmann said:
Hi
why is the price of application for IOS 7,99€ and andriod price is 0,50 ????
We completed the development of V2.1 for Android about 2 weeks ago. However, we were unable to upgrade the app in Google Play store due to a technical issue. We spent a week with Google tech support but without luck to resolve the issue. We decided to create a new app with another developer account last week. We spent another several days to get everything sorted, and released the app yesterday.

We offer 3-DAYS (from 2014/09/11 to 2014/09/13) period to download the app at the lowest available price of Android paid app per country/currency (such as EUR 0.50, USD 0.99 or so). This is an one-time offer as an upgrade of V+ Booster Version 1.0. We then unpublished the previous V+ Booster Version 1.0 in Play Store though you may still keep it on your Android device.

v2.1 first trial this morning.
I just flew several hundreds meter far (about 500m) to catch pictures so the distance was not a criteria today.
However, conditions were not helpful : only few meters above the sea (6 to 20m) to keep sticking to rocky islands and RE at 20% (so in red) !
At this height, most of the time sea waves (even if they are small) affect the wifi transmission.
I've had 2 picture freezes during the session but where I'm very happy with v2.1 is that, as soon as I flew backward, the video immediately came back.
Was not the case with v1.0.
I guess it comes from the brand new smart boost feature you implemented PVFlyer and it's really great.
I'm pretty sure that I will confirm in future flights the performances in distance but right now, this new app version makes me feel already more secured. :D

Re: FPV Booster Version 2.1 for Android is AVAILABLE

PVFlyer said:
FPV Booster Version 2.1 for Android is AVAILABLE NOW in Google Play store.

We offer 3-DAYS (from 2014/09/11 to 2014/09/13) period to download the app at the lowest available price of Android paid app per your country/currency (such as EUR 0.50, USD 0.99 or so). This is an one-time offer as an upgrade of V+ Booster Version 1.0. We will then obsolete the previous V+ Booster Version 1.0 in Play Store though you may still keep it on your Android device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... osterbasic

I looked at the listing in the Play Store.....is it for the Phantom 2 Vision + AND the Phantom 2 Vision?

Re: FPV Booster Version 2.1 for Android is AVAILABLE

EricT said:
PVFlyer said:
FPV Booster Version 2.1 for Android is AVAILABLE NOW in Google Play store.

We offer 3-DAYS (from 2014/09/11 to 2014/09/13) period to download the app at the lowest available price of Android paid app per your country/currency (such as EUR 0.50, USD 0.99 or so). This is an one-time offer as an upgrade of V+ Booster Version 1.0. We will then obsolete the previous V+ Booster Version 1.0 in Play Store though you may still keep it on your Android device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... osterbasic

I looked at the listing in the Play Store.....is it for the Phantom 2 Vision + AND the Phantom 2 Vision?

Nope, only the Vision plus.

Does this boost flight range? My P2V+ barely makes it to 1,500 '. My read of the manual says it should go 800 M.

philarvropagan said:
v2.1 first trial this morning.
I just flew several hundreds meter far (about 500m) to catch pictures so the distance was not a criteria today.
However, conditions were not helpful : only few meters above the sea (6 to 20m) to keep sticking to rocky islands and RE at 20% (so in red) !
At this height, most of the time sea waves (even if they are small) affect the wifi transmission.
I've had 2 picture freezes during the session but where I'm very happy with v2.1 is that, as soon as I flew backward, the video immediately came back.
Was not the case with v1.0.
I guess it comes from the brand new smart boost feature you implemented PVFlyer and it's really great.
I'm pretty sure that I will confirm in future flights the performances in distance but right now, this new app version makes me feel already more secured. :D
Glad to know you "feel" the Smart Boost feature. Smart Boost keeps monitoring Wifi signal every few seconds. If you out fly FPV range and get Phantom Connection Broken message, it helps shortening FPV reconnection time when you fly back in range.

It would be helpful if you can post a review and rate the app in Google Play store.

PVFlyer said:
Glad to know you "feel" the Smart Boost feature. Smart Boost keeps monitoring Wifi signal every few seconds. If you out fly FPV range and get Phantom Connection Broken message, it helps shortening FPV reconnection time when you fly back in range.

It would be helpful if you can post a review and rate the app in Google Play store.
Done, 5 stars ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT