FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

ToThePoint said:
Got the screen " Max distance " today with the new mods on the 5.8ghz transmitter.
The app still worked even though it had some glitches on its way to the limit.
I guess i am a happy camper now.
What's the " Max distance " did you get today? Would it be the Max Radius setting in Assistant software?

PVFlyer said:
ToThePoint said:
Got the screen " Max distance " today with the new mods on the 5.8ghz transmitter.
The app still worked even though it had some glitches on its way to the limit.
I guess i am a happy camper now.
What's the " Max distance " did you get today? Would it be the Max Radius setting in Assistant software?

Yes it did hit that geofence border from the assistant.
See my mods and what i've done to the bird to get that distance of 2km.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18186

Stage-2 booster has 2 tabs (Aircraft and Repeater). Aircraft tab introduces various protocol hacks for better handling of Wifi interference in urban area. Repeater tab allows boosting TX power from 12dBm, 15dBm, 18dBm and 21dBm by 3dBm interval. WPA2 Password enables Wifi security between repeater and FPV device to protect the "entrance" point.

Attachments

• Repeater Page.png
    Repeater Page.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 419
  • Aircraft Page.png
    Aircraft Page.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 436

PVFlyer said:
Stage-2 booster has 2 tabs (Aircraft and Repeater). Aircraft tab introduces various protocol hacks for better handling of Wifi interference in urban area. Repeater tab allows boosting TX power from 12dBm, 15dBm, 18dBm and 21dBm by 3dBm interval. WPA2 Password enables Wifi security between repeater and FPV device to protect the "entrance" point.

sweet! is this going to be available for beta? if so, you know im your man!

Do we have to buy a new copy or will this be a update ?

So how does it work ? Why wouldn't you have everything turned all the way up ? And how does the aircraft part work ?

Mori55 said:
So how does it work ? Why wouldn't you have everything turned all the way up ? And how does the aircraft part work ?
Different interference level is for different environment. Higher TX power does not always mean longer range, but drain more battery and generate noise for sure.

Managed to get out and test the Android app, and it seems i am getting way better results like others, but for some reason today whilst i was out, it was my 22nd flight in total on the P2V+ with about 7hrs 30mins total flying time, and my video stream from the camera stopped working. It would not come on at all, i tried multiple shut downs and restarts of the whole system, but still no video stream to the phone.

The camera still takes still shots in the air and on the ground, and it still records video with no issues, i just can't get a stream so i can't see what i am taking a shot of!

The app still says that it is boosting the P2V=

Anyone had this before? or know of this problem.

D

drmgcm69 said:
Managed to get out and test the Android app, and it seems i am getting way better results like others, but for some reason today whilst i was out, it was my 22nd flight in total on the P2V+ with about 7hrs 30mins total flying time, and my video stream from the camera stopped working. It would not come on at all, i tried multiple shut downs and restarts of the whole system, but still no video stream to the phone.

The camera still takes still shots in the air and on the ground, and it still records video with no issues, i just can't get a stream so i can't see what i am taking a shot of!

D

What are you using to display the live video on ?
And are all battery's charged ?

PVFlyer said:
Higher TX power does not always mean longer range, but drain more battery for sure.
So what PVFlyer is saying that there are real world trade offs.

The air space ground surface and objects located on it can reflect some of the RF signal. That will combine with the primary direct received RF signal and create strange signal distortion affects which also affects the digital transmission modulated into the combined received RF signal. This affects the receivers in both the drone and ground control (according to who is transmitting and who is receiving.)

RF Power is required for three primary scenarios:

• 1) In open air space, not too low to the ground, with low urban environment in-band RF interference, and already at the lowest receive sensitivity down range distance limit, ... then the RF output power needs to increase by a factor of 4 (6dB) to get double the flight distance from that given down range position. Not too low to the ground and things are OK. (see scenario 3).

2) In an environment (typically dense urban) with in-band and/or in-channel RF interference, along with larger object located on the affected air space ground surface area, ... then the RF output power needs to increase to overcome environmental RF noise. The trade-off being more of your own reflected signal too which overall creates more signal distortion affects. Hence bad video.

3) In open air space and more-so lower to the ground type flights creates a unique problem. The Fresnel Ground Affect can be encountered and create what seems like random RF signal null-drop points. We've all heard their affect using those older cordless analog RF handsets. A swish here and swash there. The drone runs in to those too while cruising more-so closer to the ground. The affect can worsen with distance (fly even higher if having issues). This affect is mostly predictable with a mathematical algorithm. (a DJI dev group challenge. Or would that be PVFlyers dev group?)

ToThePoint said:
drmgcm69 said:

D

I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S3 upto now, it's been okay apart from i have to stay at the lowest level on the stream, but it's worked the last 8 weeks.

D

drmgcm69 said:
ToThePoint said:
drmgcm69 said:

D

I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S3 upto now, it's been okay apart from i have to stay at the lowest level on the stream, but it's worked the last 8 weeks.

D

Aren't they known as to not working with the DJI app ?
I guess it worked on earlier versions of the app. Did you updat any software ?
Try a other device and see if they get Live video.
I had a friend of mine have a go on his iphone5 and there it worked perfect.

What are you using to display the live video on ?[/quote][/quote]

Hmm okay i wasn't aware that the S3 had a problem apart from the streaming issue.
no software update at all, i am on V1.08 and thats were i will stay. I can see if i can borrow an iphone 5 and see what happens, or maybe borrow an S4 and see how that one works.

Frigging annoying now, as i have to guess my shots, I so love this P2V+ but with an off center gimbal, and now this, it's not inspiring me much thats for sure.

D

drmgcm69 said:
[/quote]

Hmm okay i wasn't aware that the S3 had a problem apart from the streaming issue.
no software update at all, i am on V1.08 and thats were i will stay. I can see if i can borrow an iphone 5 and see what happens, or maybe borrow an S4 and see how that one works.

Frigging annoying now, as i have to guess my shots, I so love this P2V+ but with an off center gimbal, and now this, it's not inspiring me much thats for sure.

D[/quote]

Well i have just borrowed a samsung s4 and that has the same issue, no video feed.

I am guessing that maybe the video transmitter may have gone? not heard of this issue before though!!

D

I use a galaxy S3. Mine is running kitkat from slimrom. I'm also using the latest available code from DJI for my P2V+. I typically run the vision app using 640x480 15fps without issue.

I've only had the P2V+ for a week or so, so I'm not setting any distance records while I learn but it has all worked well except for one incident. Over the weekend I was flying and snapped a photo, when I did that the live video stream dropped and never came back until I shutdown and restarted everything.

I have a nook HD+ that's also running a custom ROM. I'll be testing that next. It'll be great if the nook works. Very light weight with a ton of screen real estate, and cheap!

drmgcm69 said:

D

I know the feeling. I had a low cost tablet in first instance that gave me no live video whatsoever.
So i didn't know if it worked @ all in the beginning ( the V+ i mean ).
A colleague has a iphone5 and was prepared to help me out. He installed the app and got live video right away.
So i knew all worked.
I've seen some mentioning its temp related. The did a test and have put the V+ in a fridge for 90min.
Toke it out and all was functioning back fine.
I have no issue's due to temp. And i have flown in 90+F degree's or 30+C with my setup.
V+ 3.04, tablet memo app V1.04 (memo displays distance wrong !)

garrock said:
The air space ground surface and objects located on it can reflect some of the RF signal. That will combine with the primary direct received RF signal and create strange signal distortion affects which also affects the digital transmission modulated into the combined received RF signal. This affects the receivers in both the drone and ground control (according to who is transmitting and who is receiving.)
I guess you are referring to RF multipath propagation. Conventional FPV or most of single antenna RF systems (including AR.Drone) are likely being interfered by multipath. Unlike conventional FPV, Vision/Vision+ FPV is using 802.11n with MIMO similar to most of home Wifi. The more multipath propagation, the better diversity gain to benefit FPV. The diversity gain is calculated by standard algorithm built-in Atheros AR9342 chip residing in P2V Wifi module.

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:

sweet! is this going to be available for beta? if so, you know im your man!
I hope the beta will be available next week or so.

PVFlyer said:
garrock said:
Vision/Vision+ FPV is using 802.11n with MIMO similar to most of home Wifi. The more multipath propagation, the better diversity gain to benefit FPV.
True.. but that is in an ideal environment.

My real world tests shows that the MIMO capabilities of the DJI Repeater design does not works as well as they hoped it would. Also, DJI needs to work on improving the video recovery time after a loosing data packets.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl