FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

I have to say, it worked great on my galaxy S4 last night...I put some video 2 pages back..

Broke my old record today. New distance to beat is 6,245
Only upgrade 8dbi antenna on Wi-Fi box. 5,384 was my lonest flight at this location before upgrade
Surprisingly on the way back I turned on the booster app and went back out. I only got 5,126 before rth was activated. I was at 44% battery on the drone though. I guess that could be why. I'm still using the lowest resolution for max distance. I'll test different resolutions soon. I want to start with a fresh battery and the booster on and see what distance I get. As crazy as it sounds I think I'm losing line of sight that's why rth is being activated. Otherwise I could keep going. But yesterday where I was in endless farmland I couldn't beat 6,029 with the booster. An inconsistent foundation is frustrating to establish a pattern with

Re: V+ Booster Longest FPV Range Contest

Smb said:
Smb said:
So the problem it's specifically with the Nexus5?

EDIT: no, the problem ISN'T specifically with the Nexus5. If you google "dji 640x480 android preview" you can find several testimonials. Also on google play: "640x480@30fps FPV does not work on any of my android"
If you read my instruction carefully, I indicated "2. Preview quality should be set to 640x480 15fps."

Hit 2,600 ft distance, 500ft alt. in NAZA mode today.

DBS said:
Smb said:
So the problem it's specifically with the Nexus5?

I don't know.... plenty of people are reporting the problem so must be a number of devices... i guess you could make the opposite assumption that it isn't specifically related to Android 4.4
This is a well known issue of the VISION app with 640x480 30fps preview quality. That's why I stated "2. Preview quality should be set to 640x480 15fps." in the contest instruction.

Smb said:
PVFlyer said:
2. Preview quality should be set to 640x480 15fps.

Android DJI app on Android 4.4 dont work at this resolution.

He was specifically responding to that post and that preview quality... that's why I kind of argued the point a little bit... at 15fps there are still people having problems though.

I hope to get out and do a test on my P2V+ tomorrow morning with the Android booster App.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys get the 640 x 480 15fps to stream smoothly, for the life of me it won't on my
Galaxy S3, the only one that streams smoothly is 320 x 240 15fps.

D

drmgcm69 said:
I hope to get out and do a test on my P2V+ tomorrow morning with the Android booster App.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys get the 640 x 480 15fps to stream smoothly, for the life of me it won't on my

D
i cant get 640x480 30fps to work past 100 feet or for more than 15 seconds at a time.
640x480 15fps is slightly less annoying but just as frustrating. tomorrow i'll test both of them and idk what i'll get with the booster, but i bet i'll get less than 700 feet without it.

drmgcm69 said:

D
For smooth video streaming 640x480@15fps, there are mainly 2 factors to consider.
1. Wifi network - If you get smooth video when P2V+ aircraft nearby and glitch at distance, then it's likely network issue.
2. Vision app & device - If you get glitch video even P2V+ nearby, then it's likely Vision app or device (Galaxy S3) issue. You may try different version of Vision app 1.0.39 or 1.0.40 with 640x480@15fps in case any incompatibility issue. You may also check how many background apps running on your S3 and stop/kill those unnecessary apps, which may use plenty of processing power.

PVFlyer said:
If you read my instruction carefully, I indicated "2. Preview quality should be set to 640x480 15fps."

640x480 is not working at all, on my nexus5.

I've got the iOS app, running at 640x480 @30 I'm getting smooth FPV right out beyond what my 5.8 Antenna can achieve. In fact I haven't lost video feed once since I downloaded the app a couple of weeks ago. So well done all round :D

I'm using a Horizon 12 dbi dual Antenna 2.4 and 5.8. The 2.4 is performing well out to 4500 ft ,but the 5.8 is letting the side down and until I can improve the 5.8 I can't see just what this WiFi booster will do.

Quick Android beta udpate: I have about 6 flights in with the wifi booster, and everything has been working as expected with no issues. Due to bad weather, I haven't been able to do many distance flights, and the couple I did do were not as good as my first distance test both with and without the booster on. I'm guessing the weather has played a big role in my decreased distances.

PVFlyer said:
Hovtech said:
I have updated your record in the beta summary. Did you use 640x480@15fps preview quality? If not, can you further test the FPV range at 640@15fps?

Yes I did.

MattUNI2001 said:
Quick Android beta udpate: I have about 6 flights in with the wifi booster, and everything has been working as expected with no issues. Due to bad weather, I haven't been able to do many distance flights, and the couple I did do were not as good as my first distance test both with and without the booster on. I'm guessing the weather has played a big role in my decreased distances.
Humidity would definitely affect RF propagation on both 2.4G and 5.8G.

Hovtech said:
PVFlyer said:
Hovtech said:
I have updated your record in the beta summary. Did you use 640x480@15fps preview quality? If not, can you further test the FPV range at 640@15fps?

Yes I did.
Can you post a screen capture to show such Distance, and I can then put you to the FPV range contest.

PVFlyer said:
Humidity would definitely affect RF propagation on both 2.4G and 5.8G.

That would explain it. It has been really humid, and I noticed both 2.4G and 5.8G had substantial decreases than what I was used to. In fact, sometimes the 5.8G signal would be lost while I still had 2.4G, so that is probably a good testament to the wifi booster app :)

Mossie said:
I've got the iOS app, running at 640x480 @30 I'm getting smooth FPV right out beyond what my 5.8 Antenna can achieve. In fact I haven't lost video feed once since I downloaded the app a couple of weeks ago. So well done all round :D

I'm using a Horizon 12 dbi dual Antenna 2.4 and 5.8. The 2.4 is performing well out to 4500 ft ,but the 5.8 is letting the side down and until I can improve the 5.8 I can't see just what this WiFi booster will do.
Glad to know the booster app keep your FPV the highest resolution.

Your 5.8G 12 dBi helix has only 9 dBi effective gain (-3 dBi loss) when matching with vertical polarized antenna on the aircraft, unless you mod the aircraft to 5.8G CP antenna.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl