FPV better to have goggles or screen?

Reaction score
Going to be adding FPV later this month, I'm wondering if Goggles or a screen is the way to go?

Chris0275 said:
Going to be adding FPV later this month, I'm wondering if Goggles or a screen is the way to go?

that question gets asked quite often,. yet it really comes down to personal preference. (as well as what conditions you fly in and how you fly).
So you either have to try them out yourself, or just guess as to which you think you might prefer.

goggles can be a bit more expensive, but you can more easily connect a monitor to them (so other can see what you're seeing as well).
a monitor system can be a bit less expensive, but if you change your mind, you can't easily/cheaply add goggles.

Gizmo3000 said:
Chris0275 said:

that question gets asked quite often,. yet it really comes down to personal preference. (as well as what conditions you fly in and how you fly).
So you either have to try them out yourself, or just guess as to which you think you might prefer.

goggles can be a bit more expensive, but you can more easily connect a monitor to them (so other can see what you're seeing as well).
a monitor system can be a bit less expensive, but if you change your mind, you can't easily/cheaply add goggles.

You can add a screen to the fat shark type goggles?

Am I mistaken that fatshark's have very limited power and range compared to some other options?

Also, I am curious how goggles work with people who wear glasses, and have vision issues- for instance cataracts in one eye.

Chris0275 said:
I tried both. I started out with a 7" monitor with a sun shade. I found that even with the shade it was hard to see in bright sun. I also found that I kept taking my eyes off of the monitor to look at the Phantom in the sky. When it goes far enough away it's sort of pointless taking your eyes off of the monitor but I couldn't help myself.

Then I purchased Fat Shark Attitude goggles. Much better. No sun problem. No inadvertently taking my eyes off. The only con was that I wear glasses and there's really no convenient way to quickly swap between glasses and goggles. I found that I could take off and land without my glasses though it was blurry and I'd put the goggles on immediately after take off and back on when I got close enough that the props were pretty loud.

Still, this is personal preference.

Ksc said:
http://www.getfpv.com/skyzone-fpv-goggles-with-diversity.html

you can do goggles but still be able to see the outside world. sort of the best of both worlds.

Pricey but very cool !

I started with the goggles but now I use the monitor and folks interested in the phantom use the goggles.

Lilliput 7" 664/o/p/w 1280x800 IPS FPV Slim Monitor for 5.8ghz Aerial Fly Wireless Camera System with Fat Shark 7 Channel Wireless Receiver Built in High Resolution1280x800

[img][/img]

Geezsus, I might be doing completely different flying than everyone else, but the goggle are horrible for my uses. I crashed 3 times with them shortly after takeoff. I need to physically watch the phantom for the first 20 seconds to get it up and above branches and make sure it is responding correctly. At that moment I switch to the monitor to frame the shot and get the clip I need, then I go back to watching the phantom to land it. With the goggles you have no idea where you are when flying in proximity to other objects, putting the goggle on and off during flight it too difficult while flying the phantom in my opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik