found phantom 2V+ in cedar falls iowa

Reaction score
I found a drone on the sidewalk next to the university of northern iowa campus. It has an FAA Number, which i can post if it helps find the owner. I just want to return it as quick as i can. It is now dead, or i assume it to be. What's some good measures to take to locate the owner? Anything helps, thanks.

Zgood,
Acts like this restore my faith in humanity.
Hopefully you can get it back to its rightful owner and get a big pat on the back.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

An FA number won't produce a name or address from that list. The procedure according to FAA is to turn the drone into a police station and have them contract FAA for ID info and have them return it to the registered owner.

An FA number won't produce a name or address from that list. The procedure according to FAA is to turn the drone into a police station and have them contract FAA for ID info and have them return it to the registered owner.
Is this the recommended course of action in this situation? I definitely can turn it in, i just wanted to be sure that it wont just sit somewhere.

There was a thread a while back where somebody found a drone and called the FAA with the number. FAA would not give out the ID of the owner. He was told to turn it into the nearest police station.

There was a thread a while back where somebody found a drone and called the FAA with the number. FAA would not give out the ID of the owner. He was told to turn it into the nearest police station.
Okay, ill do that then. Thenk you for the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues