Found a Cheap but Excellent Andoid Tablet for P3A/P....

For a named brand tablet that's pretty cheap try the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0. I use it as a dedicated drone tablet, so no crap bogging it down. Seemed to tick the boxes for me with being newish, quad core processor, good ram and good price. $200usd from Amazon http://amzn.to/1XRqS2c

My Samsung works much better than my more expensive iPad mini 2, which I find struggles especially when it gets hot. I live in the tropics so it is always hot.

I previously ran a Nexus 7 and it was only ok. Was a great tablet, just think it is getting a bit old now. I purchased the Samsung when I dropped my Nexus and smashed the screen. Was a good upgrade.

Yes I agree. Nvidia shield is a good way to go . And it won't cost you an arm and a leg . Also you get a hdmi output so no need to buy the 100 dollar dji one. It's a beast !!

Hmm interesting to hear a "lowly" Tab A runs better than the often faved Mini 2.

My mini 2 is full of heaps of other apps, movies and the like, while my Tab 8 is basically pretty clean with drone only stuff. Might make a difference to the performance.

I also find the Tab A screen easier to see and its a bit bigger at 8 inches.

I picked up one of the Insignia Elite 7.85 tablets and I do agree it works well. Seems like a great choice for this. Large, super clear and bright...and the 4 processors seem to do a very good job displaying at high res. Very happy with it so far. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just wondering if anyone found a protective case like an Otterbox for it?

can you guys install the dji go app on it or just litchi?

Which "it" ?
I think you can install either on any of the tablets mentioned.

I installed the DJI GO app on the Insignia Elite and it runs the app about as good as I've seen anything run it.

I picked up a used Insignia Elite 7.85 tablet on eBay and I also agree it works well with the DJI Go app. I am actually quite impressed with the quality of this tablet. And for the price I got it for it will work well as a flight specific device.

NSignai Elite is on sale for $129 at Best Buy. Just bought one. Seems to be only in store. On line it's still $149

I picked up a used Insignia Elite 7.85 tablet on eBay and I also agree it works well with the DJI Go app. I am actually quite impressed with the quality of this tablet. And for the price I got it for it will work well as a flight specific device.
hi, i am new and wondering if you would be willing to help me? I went and got the insignia elite and it has 5.02 firm ware on it. when i hook up my iPhone it looks like everything works fine. I downloaded DJI Go onto tablet and it did say of phones but everything i find says that. I enabled usb debug. but all i can do is get the instructions on how to connect. never displays the camera option that it tells you to go to like worked on my phone. any advice would be appreciated. its a nice and bright screen is why i would like to get it to work.

Update: My insignia just needed a firmware upgrade and now it works like a charm., This is my first android device ever. I've got an iPad gen 4 and my wife has a gen3. They're too big for the controller and are wifi only and not compatible with GO. I've always used my iPhone 6 but wanted a larger fpv screen. For $125 the insignia is well worth it. It may not do well at other tasks when compared to more expensive tablets but it's perfect as a fpv device.
I have 5.02 on my insignia but after downloading dpi go i cant get past on how to connect there is no camera option to go to. Need help in this area. I did enable usb debug fiction.

Took a quick picture outside just now. It is VERY sunny and bright out, mind you.
In the first Picture, I am in a slight shade from a tree. I can see everything very well.
20151011_143757_zpsvbkalpyj.jpg

In the Second Pic, I am with my back to the sun and I am my own 'shadow', still can see everything well enough to fly and control.
20151011_143716_zpskvptq2id.jpg
I have 5.02 on my insignia but after downloading dpi go i cant get past on how to connect there is no camera option to go to. Need help in this area. I did enable usb debug fiction.

Don't know anything about Best Buys Insignia tablet other then make sure you have the latest firmware. The DJI GO app. should load if the firmware is the latest. now you should have the app. icon on your tablet screen. Hit it and it should open to the connect to DJI device screen. Go to the bottom of that screen and tap the blue oval area, Now your in. Its going to take you to a screen that says calibrate you compass. In the background behind this message is the view of what your camera is seeing. If you don't see this I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck

Yea no matter what I do do I ever see the camera button. It works fine on iPhone but it is too small.

Update: My insignia just needed a firmware upgrade and now it works like a charm., This is my first android device ever. I've got an iPad gen 4 and my wife has a gen3. They're too big for the controller and are wifi only and not compatible with GO. I've always used my iPhone 6 but wanted a larger fpv screen. For $125 the insignia is well worth it. It may not do well at other tasks when compared to more expensive tablets but it's perfect as a fpv device.

I am interested in any changes need to get the insignia to work. I bought one as I read they were bright but it loads the DJI GO ok but the camera button never seen comes up. It has version 5.2 on it. Any help would be appreciated so many can use the tablet.

The best tablet for p3 is nvidia shield K1. I have bought it recently because I need a bigger screen that 5" of my Nexus 5 (I have to say that N5 works perfectly with GO app !) It's smooth, fast and have very good screen.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I am interested in any changes need to get the insignia to work. I bought one as I read they were bright but it loads the DJI GO ok but the camera button never seen comes up. It has version 5.2 on it. Any help would be appreciated so many can use the tablet.
In my opinion and I am sure a lot will agree with me that a working visual (tablet) is very important in the use of your drone. DJI tested a number of tablets and came up with a list of approved tablets insignia is not one of them. I am very happy with my I-pad mini & my Nvidia Shield tablet. both work very well on my Phantom 3 professional and my Inspire 1. My Nvidia Shield tablet is not on that list but the spec's far surpass most other tablets. I don't see there being a problem with the app so it has to be the tablet.
You know that camera button you'r looking for is at the bottom of the app and might be hidden from view because of your screen setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20