Format not supported...???

Reaction score
Ok not a big drama, but just curious why 4K video will not play on my TV.... I have a P4P+ and record in 4K@60fps H.264 onto a Sandisk 64G Extreme class 10 SD card. Put the card with the unedited footage in my laptop and it plays perfectly, put it in my LG OLED TV and it says: 'Unsupported format' even though the TV claims to play a whole myriad of formats. Even put the video on a SSD hard drive and plugged it into the USB 3.1 and no joy. But... If I put the video on any old crappy USB stick and plug it into the USB port on my 4K Samsung Blu-ray player, it works!?
Any ideas anyone? Not a big issue but it would be handy if I could just plug into the TV directly...

Cheers!:)

put it in my LG OLED TV and it says: 'Unsupported format' even though the TV claims to play a whole myriad of formats.
Even if your TV plays a whole myriad of formats, that doesn't help if you give it a file that isn't in one of those formats that it will play.
What format are you giving it? Is that on the list of formats it supports?

Reactions: Pharm and Loz
Ok not a big drama, but just curious why 4K video will not play on my TV.... I have a P4P+ and record in 4K@60fps H.264 onto a Sandisk 64G Extreme class 10 SD card. Put the card with the unedited footage in my laptop and it plays perfectly, put it in my LG OLED TV and it says: 'Unsupported format' even though the TV claims to play a whole myriad of formats. Even put the video on a SSD hard drive and plugged it into the USB 3.1 and no joy. But... If I put the video on any old crappy USB stick and plug it into the USB port on my 4K Samsung Blu-ray player, it works!?
Any ideas anyone? Not a big issue but it would be handy if I could just plug into the TV directly...

Cheers!:)
Hi,
Maybe its the container: Mov or MP4. Try the other one.
If that does not help: make a MKV file of it; use ffmpeg to put in another container.
use following command:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -codec copy output.mkv

Marc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl