Forced to Take DJI Exam?!?

You are right. Another more basic issue is this: Even with the exams, tests, built in distance and height limitations, etc., There are still going to be accidents from "duffusses" and experienced with brain farts and equipment failures. Just look at General Aviation. Look at the Automobile Industry. The problem with new misunderstood technologies like drones, is that accidents of a certain kind and visibility are publicized to the Nth degree-- they go "viral." An ignorant public destined to snap judgments responds in predictable ways. The very unassuming influence of media further corrupts the opinion of the masses regarding drones by NO CONTEXT. It's bad enough that "drones" are used by the military to kill people. There's the threat of bringing down an airliner, as well. Serious paranoia fodder. So, unless you can figure out a way to influence the public and government lawmakers into going against their baser impulses, we as drone pilots are in for a long climb. Things will get worse before they get better, I'll predict. I personally think the existing restrictions are horrible, but in the larger context we are lucky to have what limited freedom we have.
What restrictions are "horrible"?

Look, I am a pilot, I have flown many things over the last 50 years. I am safety conscious and all for public awareness. I don't quibble over the updates or even the damned stupid warnings that you are in certain areas and must tell them its OK. But not after I am flying and the bird is in the air and dangerous.
How would you propose to be notified when you accidentally fly into a NFZ, knowing you were not in a NFZ when on the ground? Would you rather have a beep beep beep and no option to continue, or a screen warning with options?

The test was easy its common sense stuff. I passed it quickly. Stuff like FAA height restriction etc..

I dont consider the Phantom drone a Toy, its a a Drone and if it falls on someone from 100feet or a Moving vehicle it can lead to serious injury. I understand why the test is needed. I took it and its not such a big deal.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl