FollowFrank - Ultimate Flight w/GS App

Reaction score
I've been meaning to put the video up for the past 4-5 days now. I took this from a 100ft altitude and did not adjust any settings at the time. In watching the video I can see I needed to take 1 second of time out and it would have been just about right. So kenargos says this is beta version #1 and is nothing close to where he wants the final release version to be. Keep up the great work Ken!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Ju9aF40-w[/youtube]

I downloaded the beta version of Ultimate Flight and tried it out today. I tested it for about 20 minutes and had some issues. It seemed once the drone arrived at my location it paused an then sat there as I walked away. Some of the time it resumed and followed me but other times it just sat their paused. At one point it started to drift so I switched to Atti and back to GPS. It resumed waypoint flight and still started to move away. I tried several more times and it continued to drift away. I finally switched and left it in Atti mode and was able to fly back to my location. This was the first time I flew in Atti mode... not ideal.

I then switched over to DJI Phantom Flight and tried out the Follow Me mode. It worked perfectly, as it had before when I tried it. There was an update since then and I could also control the pitch of the camera an it stayed as I set it. Personally, I think Phantom Flight Follow Me is far superior at this point.

I'm thinking part of the issue with Ultimate Flight is the time frame between arriving at the waypoint and checking again to see if it has moved.

My phone also locked up hard while in Ultimate Flight... so much so that I had to remove the battery. An error box popped up where I could report the issue but nothing worked. I doubt it was Ultimate Flight that caused this but it was the only app running at the time.

I think it's great that each developer is working hard to improve Follow Me an both apps show a lot of promise. I will try to get out in the next couple of days and put together a video of each app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20