Updating issue with a Pro

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Phantom 3Pro and have been away for a couple of years and just getting back.
There are a couple of questions I have.

1 I read that you do the S/W upgrades on the pro from the DJI app. When I first started it up it did indeed say all needed to be upgraded in the app so I started with the controller.
After that I flew it and it seemed fine but now when I start it up again and tap on the status tab it says all three need to be upgraded but now it says to watch a video with no option to do it through the app.
Should I update to the latest S/W or is an earlier version perhaps better?

2 How do you do an IMU calibration on a pro?

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a Phantom 3Pro and have been away for a couple of years and just getting back.

1 I read that you do the S/W upgrades on the pro from the DJI app. When I first started it up it did indeed say all needed to be upgraded in the app so I started with the controller.
After that I flew it and it seemed fine but now when I start it up again and tap on the status tab it says all three need to be upgraded but now it says to watch a video with no option to do it through the app.

Thanks,
Tom
Not to sure on p3p update ,,if no option you might need assistant 2 to update,,,
Imu calibration
Screenshot_20190828-085509_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20190828-085527_DJI GO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both. I did D/L the latest version. Just did not want to update it if an earlier version works better.
Ianzone, thank you but the pro does not seem to have that option.
Ok this is what I find for option 1..it does say you can scroll down somehow,,??..its for the pro aswell this process below,,I not own p3p so guess for me,,I do all mine with the app and otg cable,,no issues for me ..good luck I be reading
Screenshot_20190828-180014_Chrome.jpg

Hi,

You said you have a P3P and you posted in the Pro/Adv section so I will base my response on that info.

An important thing to know is which versions of FW did you have on your RC and also your AC before you made changes?
It's important to know because both the process and the encryption changed in the last few years.

When updating the RC, the last FW version using the USB stick method was 1.3.2 for most RCs, 1.4.1 for some 300A RCs. After that, it was the app only for RC updates. From your post, it appears that you must have already been later than those versions since you updated your RC using the app. The AC is still updated using an SD card (with the FW bin file in the root) placed in the gimbal top (main) board just above the camera. For step by step instructions, we routinely suggest that people click here and follow those steps closely.

Since you already updated your RC, that means you are probably now at the latest RC version which may present a problem because AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together in April 2016 with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes back then, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch. From your post, it appears that you have flown since your RC was updated and all seemed fine so chances are your AC already has FW 1.8 or later. This means that you probably do not have an encryption mismatch, but its just a guess until you let us know which versions you had before and after you made changes.

The latest publicly available AC FW is 1.11.20 which was released in July 2017 and introduced forced flight restrictions similar to beginner mode if you haven't "registered" your app with DJI. Click here for more info. That version also unfortunately caused a small number of people to get ESC errors and DJI provided a new FW version (1.11.30) but only to select users. This new version had slightly relaxed ESC parameters. My advice to you is that you read all of the information and make an informed choice about updating or not. As I noted earlier, for step by step instructions we routinely suggest that people click here and follow those steps closely.

As for the IMU calibration, you can do it by following the video below. Note that depending on your app version the screens may look different (such as what ianzone posted above) but you should be able to figure it out.

Last edited:
Oso, thank you for the tips and suggestions. Right now my S/W ie: App 3.1.59, A/C 1.8.80, RC 1.6.0.
Things do seem to be working fine. Its been over 2 years since I have flown and was trying to get up to speed.
The other day I was searching the internet for info on The P3P and ran across a link to three or four full pages of info on the P3P operating tips and very useful suggestions on photography. No pictures just text. Have spent several hours today looking but still can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking.
Thanks again everyone,
Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj