Follow me mode on the p3 adv

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the whole drone scene after receiving one during the festive period.
As a keen skier obviously I would like to exploit the follow me mode function.
Here is my question... Will (or is there) a smaller tracker or something that can be used as the 'target' for follow mode.
It's not exactly ideal for me to carry around a large-ish remote in my hand while I'm skiing :)
Anyway just asking if anyone has advice/can tell me I'm an idiot
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

To my knowledge the target has to be the Phantom's remote control. Also, HappyDays is right, the Follow Me function currently doesn't take altitude into question so be careful when going up and down hills.

It's not exactly ideal for me to carry around a large-ish remote in my hand while I'm skiing
That's the only option as of right now. Strap it to your back ;)

Thanks haha, that's a shame tbh
I do know that later this year the "lily" is coming out. Not a DJI drone but if you're interested have a look. It's not out yet but it's seems to be a targeting a more sporting aspect. Wonder how it works actually, I'll go check it myself

Litchi has a magic leash app that uses two smartphones. The one on the controller linked to one that the target carries. Never tried it myself but it's out there. I don't think it adjusts for altitude though.

Thanks for the tip, this is an expensive hobbie seemingly

If you think about the technology that these consumer drones utilize these days it really is amazing. This stuff would be unheard of just 10 years ago so I'm actually quite pleased with how cheap it is to use it

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Have a look at autopilot (autoflightlogic). You can enter your iphone into airspace (link to device on controller) and it will use the barometer to take your altitide into account. Should follow you down the slope nicely.

Reactions: lukek98
Thanks for the tip, this is an expensive hobbie seemingly

Shouldnt be too expensive if you already have the drone. leave your phone with the controller and borrow someone else's to be the target. You would obviously have to be somewhere with good cell service to make it work right though...I would also have someone that knows how to fly the P3 holding on to the main controller to take over if need be.

Yeah hmmm I think about that haha, don't trust my friends with it yet haha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl