Flytrex Live and Flytrex Live 3G Not working

Thanks again for the info. I will contact AT&T and see if they need the updated IMEI number from the Flytrex Live device. I will see if that fixes my problem before changing any APN settings.
Cool, good luck. Let me know how it works out by quoting my post or tagging me. I'll lose track of this thread otherwise.

Cool, good luck. Let me know how it works out by quoting my post or tagging me. I'll lose track of this thread otherwise.

Well, I contacted AT&T last night and provided them with my Flytrex IMEI number. They did say that it was needed since it was a non-AT&T device and claimed to have linked the new IMEI number to the go phone SIM while I was on the phone with them but that did not seem to make a difference, still a solid blue light. I then tried to check / update the APN information but the application was "sketchy" at best in trying to connect with the Flytrex unit. I did get it to connect once but it appeared not to have read anything (all fields were blank) and upon searching the web I wasn't quite sure what I would have entered in there anyway (name, dsn, etc.) for AT&T since I had seen various answers for tablets, smart phones and watches.

The only thing that did appear to work was the firmware update from the wiki page although I am not sure if that was even current or not.

Well, I contacted AT&T last night and provided them with my Flytrex IMEI number. They did say that it was needed since it was a non-AT&T device and claimed to have linked the new IMEI number to the go phone SIM while I was on the phone with them but that did not seem to make a difference, still a solid blue light. I then tried to check / update the APN information but the application was "sketchy" at best in trying to connect with the Flytrex unit. I did get it to connect once but it appeared not to have read anything (all fields were blank) and upon searching the web I wasn't quite sure what I would have entered in there anyway (name, dsn, etc.) for AT&T since I had seen various answers for tablets, smart phones and watches.

The only thing that did appear to work was the firmware update from the wiki page although I am not sure if that was even current or not.
They probably didn't link it properly. Some providers categorize devices and SIMs as data (ie, tablet) or phone. Tell AT&T that it's a data only device and doesn't require voice service. Also, sometimes it takes a few hours for the SIM to actually activate. Have you tried this morning?

Regarding the APN stuff (assuming the above doesn't work), here's the AT&T related info. Use the info under the Tablets column:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1062162

They probably didn't link it properly. Some providers categorize devices and SIMs as data (ie, tablet) or phone. Tell AT&T that it's a data only device and doesn't require voice service. Also, sometimes it takes a few hours for the SIM to actually activate. Have you tried this morning?

Regarding the APN stuff (assuming the above doesn't work), here's the AT&T related info. Use the info under the Tablets column:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1062162

I kind of thought that as well. I will try contacting AT&T again and state that the device is "data only" and doesn't require voice service, as you said.
Have not tried this morning but I did try connecting it again a couple hours after my call last night but still nothing. I will try again tonight before I make another call.

Thanks for the link, I found that as well but wasn't sure which names / settings to use, is the APN name I would be entering in to the device "ATT Broadband" or just "Broadband"? Beyond that the other settings stated they were "optional".

I kind of thought that as well. I will try contacting AT&T again and state that the device is "data only" and doesn't require voice service, as you said.
Have not tried this morning but I did try connecting it again a couple hours after my call last night but still nothing. I will try again tonight before I make another call.

Thanks for the link, I found that as well but wasn't sure which names / settings to use, is the APN name I would be entering in to the device "ATT Broadband" or just "Broadband"? Beyond that the other settings stated they were "optional".
Looks like just "Broadband" would be the APN. You can confirm when you speak to them again. Good luck.

Just to be clear, you do have to fly around to get an entry on the flytrex site. If you just boot it up successfully and then turn it off, it will often not show an entry because it will assume you didn't fly.

Maybe this link will be helpful: Flytrex Live 3G User Manual

Just to be clear, you do have to fly around to get an entry on the flytrex site. If you just boot it up successfully and then turn it off, it will often not show an entry because it will assume you didn't fly.

Maybe this link will be helpful: Flytrex Live 3G User Manual
Yeah, he can't get past the blue light which indicates an issue w/ the data connection.

Yeah, he can't get past the blue light which indicates an issue w/ the data connection.

Exactly, I did fly it before starting my posts here thinking that may have been the issue, but it wasn't. I will post back here following my next call with AT&T.

I would hate to have to try another carrier (i.e. H2O) since I already bought and prepaid on the SIM I have.

H2O is what I use. They specifically said I could hot-swap it from device to device. I initially put it in my tablet to set it up. Made a phone call with it. It worked. Then I transferred the SIM from the tablet to the Flytrex Live 3G.

I had the same problem with the SIM and Flytrex Customer Service

From Aug 1st:
After installing it with the Installation Adapter, it wouldn't activate. I used SIMs from AT&T, Verizon and H2O.
With the time zones, it took a week of e-mail back and forth to their technical support in Israel for them to determine it was defective and they authorized a replacement. But, they wouldn't cross-ship, they had to receive the defective unit first.
Any type of express shipping to Israel was more than $70, so I sent it USPS "First-Class Package International Service". That took two weeks to get it delivered, but they received it last Monday (July 25th.)
Since then I have not heard anything from them, and they have not returned my e-mail messages.

and Aug 2nd:
Received an e-mail from Flytrex this morning:
I just received your device. Unfortunately we are currently out of stock, just awaiting arrival of our most recent production order.
We are going to send you a new adapter as well. You should be able to use your P3 with the adapter installed and the Live not attached, so we believe there is an issue with the adapter.

No word as of today...

Just wanted to follow up with the outcome following my last post.

I never did have any luck with AT&T. After 2 visits to the store and 3 calls with support I was told I had to use a plan that was $25 per month to receive GSM data on the "data only device" without having to call in and activate the data portion every day as part of the pay as you go, minimum plan.

So after wasting $25 with AT&T as well as time I'll never get back I ordered a $20 H20 sim, received it via FedEx in a couple days and did all of the set up and registration online and what to you know, the Flytrex device works as advertised. And I will only be using something like 10 cents per meg of data, cheaper than any of the AT&T options.

The issue was with the AT&T sim the whole time. Even though the AT&T sim worked in a phone it refused to work correctly in the Flytrex unit.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Kevin

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1