Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Anyone else having an issue with their FlyTrex unit not posting the live channel to Facebook? I have the share setting set to "On" however its not posting my flights.

Any ideas?

amitregev said:
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the feedback! :) First, regarding the feature request for ascent column, please note one column to the right of the altitude, titled Ascent (also included in the screen shot you provided), this includes the aircraft ascent at any given time from the ground. If I understand correctly this is the column you were looking for. Let me know if any specific information here is missing.

I'm sorry I didn't explain it completely. It's the "Vertical Speed MPH" column that is needed. I checked the list of everything the Flytrex Logger Profile log's, and "Vertical Speed MPH" is the best option. It pulls data for 12 digits past the decimal which is actually 10 digits too many. Hopefully it wont display all those extra digits. I attached a image below to give you a better idea on what I'm referring about.

amitregev said:
Regarding the altitude offset, if I understand correctly, this isn't something that I can actually see in the attached CSV screen capture you included? Assuming I understand the situation, you compared the altitude reading from Flytrex with the data stored in the second flight logger and you are noticing this offset in flight altitude between the two, is that the case?

Looking forward for your feedback and I'll be glad to explain some more what might be causing this.

Thanks!

On the elevation reading I launch from the same location each time. The elevation readout I have always went by is from google earth.

Amit, I have delayed posting this response. I'm going to take at least a couple more days and investigate the gps issues more.

Frank

Attachments

• 1FLT3.jpg
    1FLT3.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 426
Still showing as $189 plus cable plus shipping on their website - where are you guys seeing this?

I also see on the UK dealer websites that the specs are listed as: Connectivity: 2G GPRS (Requires micro SIM with data plan). This is on Quadcopters, Horizon FPV, Firstpersonview; the rest are dead links or the individual shops don't have the live listed.

Are these the old units that use 2G as opposed to the newer 3G ones?

Geert said:
happydays said:
Still showing as $189 plus cable plus shipping on their website - where are you guys seeing this?

I also see on the UK dealer websites that the specs are listed as: Connectivity: 2G GPRS (Requires micro SIM with data plan). This is on Quadcopters, Horizon FPV, Firstpersonview; the rest are dead links or the individual shops don't have the live listed.

Are these the old units that use 2G as opposed to the newer 3G ones?

http://www.flytrex.com

Geert./.

Not in the UK, unfortunately using flytrex.com still $189.99

2B2FECA6-9CD9-4C97-B5C9-D78F301A02FC_zpssfycjyoo.jpg
[/URL][/img]

saao said:
flytrex live 3g price slashed to 151 $ man i just ordered mine last week for the :( ….!

I know that feeling... I just received TWO of them at the $189.99 ea price. Bad luck for me, but I still think worth every penny, and I'd spend it again today.

I did see the site advertising the sale price right after this topic posted, but it's back to the $189 regular price now. Don't know what was going on. I don't remember seeing anything that made me think they were talking about old versions or anything, I remember it as being for the newer Flytrex Live 3G version. But, I'm never over-confident where my memory is involved.

UPDATE: Manually going to flytrex.com showed the $189.99 price. Following this link still shows the $151.99 sale price: http://www.flytrex.com/get-live-3g/FBSP ... ign=fb1000.

UPDATE 2: Okay, I must be losing my mind. Just a few minutes ago, I manually went to the URL flytrex.com and it showed $189.99. Now i do that again and it shows the $151.99 price. Maybe in the process of updating the site? Possibly an old page cached? Who knows... good price though. Get it while you can.

Chuck26287 said:
saao said:
flytrex live 3g price slashed to 151 $ man i just ordered mine last week for the :( ….!

I know that feeling... I just received TWO of them at the $189 ea price. Bad luck for me, but I still think worth every penny, and I'd spend it again today.

I did see the site advertising the sale price right after this topic posted, but it's back to the $189 regular price now. Don't know what was going on. I don't remember seeing anything that made me think they were talking about old versions or anything, I remember it as being for the newer Flytrex Live 3G version. But, I'm never over-confident where my memory is involved.

Yea but I ended up paying way more since I ordered from uk and they charged me 134£ including vat

Wish I had ordered my Flytrex Live 3G from DroneFly or another US company. Ordered direct from Flytrex and shipping will take 3 weeks. :( Did not realize company was in Israel. Nww to look for the best GSM plan here in TN. sigh

davisual said:
Wish I had ordered my Flytrex Live 3G from DroneFly or another US company. Ordered direct from Flytrex and shipping will take 3 weeks. :( Did not realize company was in Israel. Nww to look for the best GSM plan here in TN. sigh

Hi Davisual :)

Shipping to the states usually goes much faster, even though it is listed as 3 weeks. Shipments to the states from today will get shipped this upcoming Sunday/Monday and most chances will already arrive the following week.

We list this as 3 weeks since this is the official time frame for this shipping method, but since the shipment line to the states is very active it usually goes much faster. I hope this helps. :)

cdusher said:
Sounds interesting.
New to this and I'm a little confused about the gsm sim card.
I have verizon wireless.
Does it need to be a specific card from Verizon.
Sorry about my ignorance.

Hi Cdusher :)

Flytrex Live 3G uses a GSM module. If I'm not mistaken, Verizon use CDMA network, so the Live won't with Verizon SIM I'm afraid :/

The major GSM networks in the states are AT&T, T-Mobile. H2O Wireless is another popular network used by many Live pilots. H2O is actually a virtual network that uses the AT&T infrastructure, so they have pretty solid coverage.

Based on the feedback we received from other pilots on our Facebook page there are two best deals for SIM cards. (1) Apparently you can get a 200mb/month data SIM from T-Mobile with a single payment for life! This goes for $15 and there is no service fee involved. Try looking through our Facebook posts by other users and you'll find more details about this deal. (2) Another common option is H2O Wireless that offer 100mb plan as-you-go for $10 that expires after 3 months. This should be enough data for most pilots that fly rather frequently but not all day long. :)

I hope this helps. :)

Per T-Mobile's website:
In order to get the 200 MB of free data per month, you need to activate a Mobile Internet account and register your tablet on our network. You don’t need to pay for an additional data plan.

More at:
http://www.t-mobile.com/landing/bring-y ... ablet.html

I suppose they are banking on making money when people go over that 200 MB limit.

amitregev said:
Hi Cdusher :)

Flytrex Live 3G uses a GSM module. If I'm not mistaken, Verizon use CDMA network, so the Live won't with Verizon SIM I'm afraid :/

The major GSM networks in the states are AT&T, T-Mobile. H2O Wireless is another popular network used by many Live pilots. H2O is actually a virtual network that uses the AT&T infrastructure, so they have pretty solid coverage.

Based on the feedback we received from other pilots on our Facebook page there are two best deals for SIM cards. (1) Apparently you can get a 200mb/month data SIM from T-Mobile with a single payment for life! This goes for $15 and there is no service fee involved. Try looking through our Facebook posts by other users and you'll find more details about this deal. (2) Another common option is H2O Wireless that offer 100mb plan as-you-go for $10 that expires after 3 months. This should be enough data for most pilots that fly rather frequently but not all day long. :)

I hope this helps. :)

Hello Amit,

I have acquired the H2O Wireless Pay-As-You-Go SIM. I haven't activated it yet, as my Flytrex Live 3G is not yet installed. I really like staying on the AT&T network, as everything else I have is on that and I've been very happy, but if I end up spending more money than expected keeping the data available, I may consider going "free" with T-Mobile after all. However, once I activate the Flytrex Live 3G and it starts uploading data to your servers with the H2O SIM, would I risk losing anything or resetting anything if I were to change SIMS to the T-Mobile SIM? I understand both will work, but I want to know if there would be any special conditions to be aware of on your server end if I changed SIM carriers after starting initial operations with your servers. I am not as worried about things working with Facebook and the other social aspects of your service. I'm more concerned about record keeping and the ability to use this as a logbook of sorts. I don't want to risk doing something that would risk the integrity of previous flight records.

Thanks!

amitregev said:
davisual said:

Hi Davisual :)

Shipping to the states usually goes much faster, even though it is listed as 3 weeks. Shipments to the states from today will get shipped this upcoming Sunday/Monday and most chances will already arrive the following week.

We list this as 3 weeks since this is the official time frame for this shipping method, but since the shipment line to the states is very active it usually goes much faster. I hope this helps. :)
Finally ordered mine today... Yippee!!! Looking forward to it getting shipped out by Sunday/Monday, Thanks

Dear Amit,
I have some special/urgent requirements with regards to my order, have emailed support and also left a PM for you here.
Please do let me know if I need to reach out to anyone else at flytrex to expedite the same. Appreciate your help, Thanks a lot

Geert said:
I am very happy with my Flytrex Live.
Today I did 2 flights, also my personal best 3843 meters.

The "Last Seen" function on the iOS app was correct within 1 meter :eek:

It would be nice if there was an option to have the map in "Satellite" view.
Is this possible for in the future Amit :?: :D

Geert./.

They have added a new feature the recently posted about

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419002021.053825.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419002021.053825.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 564
saao, it seems there will be no competition since both have different purposes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj