Flysight problem—RX1 not working?

Reaction score
Howdy,

I've got the 7-channel Flysight: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LGCYHWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got my transmitter on the equivalent of channel 4. When I put the screen in diversity mode, it only ever selects the right antenna and the image is clear. When I put it in RX1 mode I get only static. When I put it RX2 everything looks great.

So it appears that RX1 is busted...this seems unlikely but I don't know what else could be the problem. I've tried cycling through all channels on RX1 and they're all static.

Any ideas? Or time for a replacement from Amazon?

Both RX 1 & 2 have to be on the same frequency. With the monitor on push the second button from the left and it will being up both RX channels.

Both RX 1 & 2 have to be on the same frequency. With the monitor on push the second button from the left and it will being up both RX channels.

Yep, they're both on channel 4. I just tried cycling through all of them on RX1 thinking maybe it would be a fluke, but, of course, it didn't make a difference.

The diversity will only pick the antenna with the strongest signal and it really works better outside at a distance.

Maybe you have a bad antenna or connection. Try swapping them and see if the problem follows.

The diversity will only pick the antenna with the strongest signal and it really works better outside at a distance.

Right, but I'm skipping diversity mode and going right to RX1 and RX2. I've tried the same antenna on both and even no antenna. Same result: RX1 is static and RX2 is perfect.

Maybe you have a bad antenna or connection. Try swapping them and see if the problem follows.

Yep, I've tried swapping them and even removing them altogether. RX2 is always perfect and RX1 is just static.

Go into the menu and make sure RX1 is on the same band.

And is it still static?

How old is the monitor?

Who'd you buy it from? I was just looking through my manual and there's no mention of a warranty.

Who'd you buy it from? I was just looking through my manual and there's no mention of a warranty.

Amazon will exchange it for free if I mark it "Does not work/defective". So it's not like this is something that's normal, it definitely appears to be busted, right?

I would say it's defective. Myself I'm using the 32 channel RC801 Monitor and happy it is as I have changed TX which didn't require buying another monitor.

Yep, sending it back to Amazon, will get a new one. I originally had the 32-channel but read several threads with people claiming that the 7-channel had better reception with the 600mw Immersion transmitter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31