Flying without the compass?

Reaction score
Is there any way to fly the phantom 3 std without the compass? If I can get I. The air before I lose data from it, normally it is fine and I just have to fly in attitude mode. But if I land ad stop the motors, it wont let me take back off. I am experienced in flying in attitude mode from flying my other drone and not that worried about flyaways. I live in a very rural area and it can fall from the sky 1000 times and not come close to hitting anything of value.

Is there any way to fly the phantom 3 std without the compass? If I can get I. The air before I lose data from it, normally it is fine and I just have to fly in attitude mode. But if I land ad stop the motors, it wont let me take back off. I am experienced in flying in attitude mode from flying my other drone and not that worried about flyaways. I live in a very rural area and it can fall from the sky 1000 times and not come close to hitting anything of value.
No ... the Phantom cannot fly without its compass.
It might be time to get the problem repaired.

No ... the Phantom cannot fly without its compass.
It might be time to get the problem repaired.

Very old post I know, I’m having a brain freeze here. My gut tells me Phantom can’t fly (even manually) without compass too, as stated - but I’m struggling with why, it would still hover I’m thinking, why / what’s preventing one flying in ATTI mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94