Flying Phantom 4 Over 1,600 Feet

Reaction score
I routinely fly my two Phantom 4s over 1,000 feet on my private properties in Central America. When 1,600 feet is reached, the program informs me by voice that I have reached maximum altitude. Is there a way that I can set an override or a higher altitude. I do not perceive a need to go over 2,000 feet.

H
I routinely fly my two Phantom 4s over 1,000 feet on my private properties in Central America. When 1,600 feet is reached, the program informs me by voice that I have reached maximum altitude. Is there a way that I can set an override or a higher altitude. I do not perceive a need to go over 2,000 feet.
hi in general settings got a distance limit and altitude limit .can change there:)

H

hi in general settings got a distance limit and altitude limit .can change there:)
1499108627784406385760.jpg
sorry for bad pic,,you probly be asked if you acept disclamer that comes on screen.that covers dji if something happen because of there max height setting in app,

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 84824 sorry for bad pic,,you probly be asked if you acept disclamer that comes on screen.that covers dji if something happen because of there max height setting in app,

Sorry to interrupt guys but...

ianzone... just curious is that a Tab 9.7 and if so, what type of case/folio are you using to carry it around before attaching to R/C for flight? I'm having a heck of a time finding a "good" solution that protects fairly well, but let's me break it out quickly/easily for flight.

Thanks!

Sorry to interrupt guys but...

ianzone... just curious is that a Tab 9.7 and if so, what type of case/folio are you using to carry it around before attaching to R/C for flight? I'm having a heck of a time finding a "good" solution that protects fairly well, but let's me break it out quickly/easily for flight.

Thanks!
Hi that tab was 8" ,still use but more on 10/1" samsung tab A, justused double sided tape on this paua measure tool,works very good and simple1499116790097-1681461195.jpg 14991168443701461891298.jpgi probly could make better but so stable i not bother,,:)

DO NOT purchase the CopterSafe product... the means to perform these changes has been discovered by the community, and there is a very active discussion taking place on several boards on the internet, including this one.

However, the site admins have decided to limit discussion on mp dot com to just talk about it -- no direct information on how, what, or elsewhere on the 'net to find out. So, you will not learn much here about exceeding the 500m limit, increasing speeds, disabling NFZ enforcement, or other settings the community has discovered how to manipulate.

Google is your friend. I think it's also still within the rules for me to point you to RCGroups dot com, without pointing to anything specific.

DO NOT purchase the CopterSafe product... the means to perform these changes has been discovered by the community, and there is a very active discussion taking place on several boards on the internet, including this one.

However, the site admins have decided to limit discussion on mp dot com to just talk about it -- no direct information on how, what, or elsewhere on the 'net to find out. So, you will not learn much here about exceeding the 500m limit, increasing speeds, disabling NFZ enforcement, or other settings the community has discovered how to manipulate.

Google is your friend. I think it's also still within the rules for me to point you to RCGroups dot com, without pointing to anything specific.
Thanks. No intention of so doing, but interested, that's all...

What would be the big drama in talking about it? Hacking your own code is hardly illegal.

I built a 22" sq. x 8" box out of plywood. It's big enough to spin the props in, and I use a vacuum cleaner to drop the pressure inside while starting the motors. I routinely get an extra 500'. I only do it when I'm flying in the mountains and I never break the 300' AGL rule.

Still wondering why DJI keeps calling that "altitude" when it's height...

They let you fly that height in central america? 0

I guess I'm going to have to do some Googling! I came across the CopterSafe site last week. Saved a link to check it out when I have time. I just want to fly higher than the 500m limit when I'm out in the middle of nowhere once in awhile. Glad I came across this post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl