flying over water

With it being kinda cold out would be nice if these could double as a coffee & cider thermos! :cool:
No you are wanting to use UAV's to take jobs away from the Saint Bernard's :)
saint bernard in truck bed with whiskey barrel.jpg

Reactions: Dirty Bird
There are some really great photos/videos in this thread!

I've barely managed to muster the confidence to hit 400'; the main concerns I would have with flying over water would be birds (though if it's true that seagulls don't commonly attack them that's good news) and losing it to a flyaway or other failure, although it seems that this is far less likely with the P3s than it was with the previous generations. Perhaps I'll have to give it a go.

I often feel more comfortable flying over water than land, especially at higher altitudes. The way i see it catastrophic failure of airvraft will mean that with the exception of the SD card most of the other components wouldnt be worth anything to me even if i could recover them. Id rather them be lost in the water than potentially causing property damage or even worse injuring an animal or person. I also find that flying a reasonable distance away from land i can get footage without people suspecting im spying on them. Most recent was some bloke whi reckoned i was trimg to get pics of his missus. Closest onwould have been to him was 300m... i explained the camera was pretty much what he had in his mobile phone but wider angle lens so no chance of spying unless i was within 5m. The media isnt helping the perception of this hobby.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl