Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flying over ground with iron ore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darrel R Hauer, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Darrel R Hauer

I am going to Ely MN for vacation, this is iron ore mining country. I am concerned about my compass getting messed up in my P3 PRO flying over ore deposits. Has anyone tried this?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you are up in the air at regular flying heights I don't think you'll have a problem.
    There's 50000 tons of steel here and flying at this distance isn't a problem.
    [​IMG]

3. Neil b

I work on the iron range and use my drone all the time. You may have to search for a place to take off dude to the magnatism of the ground. I find paved roads all serve as a good surface to leave from. Once airborn i have never once had an issue with magnetic interference. Have fun! Btw elaynis far enough away from the ore deposits you may not experience any interference at all.