Flying on St. SIMONS ISLAND GEORGIA

Reaction score
I'm going to St Simon's Island and was curious about flying there. I saw the airport but seemed pretty small from google maps...any body got any advice on flying on St Simon's island?

I'm going to St Simon's Island and was curious about flying there. I saw the airport but seemed pretty small from google maps...any body got any advice on flying on St Simon's island?

I live close by. NFZ for entire island. Bird will not take off. Maybe if u get clearance u can. That’s what I plan on doing next time.

Yeah I saw that, and I was afraid it wouldn't take off...but it let me take off. I flew by the cable bridge and close to Epworth

Awesome! I haven’t tried there, so I’m mistaken about the entire island. Will have to try other places. I know at east beach I was grounded. I want to get shots of the causeway! Also, if u go back, be sure and get Jekyll island bridge. Lots of fun!

Been trying to fly a job here for the past week and can’t get ATC authorization :( they want 30 days to manually approve flight due to closeness of airport on the island

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl