Flying off a Schooner boat

Reaction score
Hello, I will be taking off and landing on a Schooner Boat with my phantom. I can do hand take-offs using the dji go 4 slide to fly, and a manually, and I will be hand catching. I will be flying and taking off from the boat over open water. Any tips, suggestions or just things I should watch out for?

" just things I should watch out for?"
Yeah water.

Seriously, at least one person recently posted about the same scenario, and there was a fairly intelligent discussion. Try searching for 'boat' in recent posts. In a nutshell, think through your RTH settings and home point. Use the small magnifying glass at the upper right of this page and your search will give you plenty of reading.

" just things I should watch out for?"
Yeah water.

Seriously, at least one person recently posted about the same scenario, and there was a fairly intelligent discussion. Try searching for 'boat' in recent posts. In a nutshell, think through your RTH settings and home point. Use the small magnifying glass at the upper right of this page and your search will give you plenty of reading.
Oh, ok thank you

Flying from a boat is for advanced fliers.

If the boat will be moving, turn RTH to Hover. Unless you like your drove to fly away and land in the water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl