Flying near small airports

Thank you, can't believe this guys post is way back from May, and no one replied to this till now. OMG do people really think it's ok to just transmit on any band they choice just because you can buy the equipment online?? Or your local Radio Shack (once in the past). Precisely, "What's your call sign/Station ID when doing this?" I know, it's "CQ It's Big Mike the drone guy"
I see your point on this (and agree), but I have a close friend who is a disabled (and now retired) 737 pilot. He does this a lot as the planes fly overhead (over his ranch). He's also an AOPA member, and nobody seems to have any problem with it. (not saying it's okay, but suggesting there are some 'other' uses for this equipment). I don't know the frequencies he is using, either.

"Well I'm not arrested yet?" That's not a good why to look at it. And besides it's your responsible to research it and find out, especially if your planning to fly in this area often.
The airport should have a manager and a phone number that you can call. Go online and look up the ICAO indicator for the airport. You should be able to find it easily.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik