Flying inside warehouse

Don't rely on sensors to keep you safe. Make sure you maintain line-of-sight throughout. Expect the unexpected.
Happy flying!!! :)

Reactions: silvertonephoto
left in P. RTH in hover. No problems at all. VPS worked well.

Can you tell us more? Did you always fly without GPS lock (less than 10 satellites), and depended on VPS to stabilized your horizontal position? Was your shoot always within 30' of ground so VPS could work? Did you turn OA off so it would fly better in close quarters, or leave it on?

Hey John sorry for being a bit vague, but to answer your questions: I say warehouse but it was a warehouse size store. No GPS lock at all so yes in No Positioning Atti mode. OA was off. Enable Vision Positioning was on. Lose of Signal set to Hover not RTH. Tripod Mode. Here's a still from the video to give you an idea on the space. Of course, no customers were allowed instore during filming.
Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 3.53.57 pm.jpg

Really had no problems. If it was going to fail it would be pilot error. :)

Last edited:
Hey John sorry for being a bit vague, but to answer your questions: I say warehouse but it was a warehouse size store. No GPS lock at all so yes in No Positioning Atti mode. OA was off. Enable Vision Positioning was on. Lose of Signal set to Hover not RTH. Here's a still from the video to give you an idea on the space. Of course, no customers were allowed instore during filming.View attachment 90671
Really had no problems. If it was going to fail it would be pilot error. :)
That's good to know. I've never flown a job like that and was hoping my expectations were what you described. As long as you don't have to exceed 26' with VPS enabled, the craft should handle like P mode outside, but without GPS or compass. That job you did reminds me of a video Ken Heron did about a month ago in a furniture store. Thanks for the confirmation.

That's good to know. I've never flown a job like that and was hoping my expectations were what you described. As long as you don't have to exceed 26' with VPS enabled, the craft should handle like P mode outside, but without GPS or compass. That job you did reminds me of a video Ken Heron did about a month ago in a furniture store. Thanks for the confirmation.
yes I saw that one of Kens. Funny bugger Ken. Totally illegal here in Australia with our CASA( our FAA) rules to fly with people that close, even if they have given permission so to protect my self and my client we kept everyone out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4