Flying indoor

Reaction score
Hi. I will probably be flying indoor and want to know any advice and recommendations to know. Ceilings are over 30 feet high but my primary concern is gps. Thanks.

GPS won't happen you'll need to be in ATTI mode to fly indoors

Yep - agreed.

Don't forget that in ATTI mode the Phantom won't stop when you let go of the sticks - it'll carry right on moving in the direction it's travelling in. If it's moving forward, you need to pull the stick back to make it stop.

Then I think had to get a set of prop guards and more practice of my ATTI skills. Thanks!

dirkclod said:
Another lessen I learned was if ya have your a BigAss ceiling fan on stay away from it :oops: Had mine on and had it pulling air up and was flying one of those little suckers and it ate it :lol:

There's a wind farm on a hill near my house that I've sometimes thought it might be exciting to fly around, but I haven't done so on the grounds that getting too "up close and personal" to a wind turbine with my P2 might be a little too exciting ;).

Wind farms do not suck or blow air. You might get some turbulence from it when flying closer behind it.

I see.
Most likely tip vorticity moving downwind and away from center of rotation ???

Noël said:
Wind farms do not suck or blow air. You might get some turbulence from it when flying closer behind it.

The idea of a wind turbine is of course that you get nice smooth laminar airflow over the turbine blade, to maximise thrust. Just like an aircraft wing. My concern is more inadvertently getting my Phantom in the way of one of the blades.

A bad day for sure!

It happens to birds unfortunately.

And given that, by their very nature, a wind turbine is placed and situated where the highest velocity winds tend to occur, you could very easily find your Phantom unexpectedly pushed into a vane if flying too close.

As for flying inside... tried it once. Never again. ATTI is not a good idea in close quarters... especially if you're "just learning".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl