Flying in tight spaces - A Must Watch Compilation

Each time I see one of your efforts, I want to take up golf..... No idea how you manage your eye/hand coordination but you must have some sort of six sense to be able to pull off some of those shots. I see you have started to post on an Australian DJI forum? I reckon you could post up some form of tutorial to assist us lesser beings on how you manage those pull back shots and have people banging on your door for help :)

Hi, heres some of the shots made using DJI Phantom 4. Hope you enjoy and happy flying!
Subscribe for more videos.
YT channel: Drone Maneuvers

Good stuff.

image.png
Aussie forum?
Can someone post a link pls
Thanks
It's on Facebook and called: DJI Owners of Australia Group. I also belong to the Perth chapter for info on local stuff.

Reactions: Kevin Ford
How do you deal with the obstacle sensor? You can deactivate it and keep the phantom flying in GPS mode?

How do you deal with the obstacle sensor? You can deactivate it and keep the phantom flying in GPS mode?

If gps is available, i use it. I always use obstacle avoidance on those clips except the last clip.
Later, i realized that when you turn off the obstacle avoidance, the aircraft is sensitive to your control. The reason why i didnt use it in the last clip (19 rubber trees) is if something happens in the middle of the shot, i can return the ac by flying forward.

Amazing job. I like to fly my P4 (just sold it) with dexterity as well but I have not attempted any of your cool maneuvers. I'll and hopefully I'll have something worth sharing. You're inspiring. Keep up the good job.

Reactions: Lhonskie18
Wow, maybe one day I'll have your piloting skills

Amazing job. I like to fly my P4 (just sold it) with dexterity as well but I have not attempted any of your cool maneuvers. I'll and hopefully I'll have something worth sharing. You're inspiring. Keep up the good job.

Thanks. You need to practice. Looking to your great footage soon.

Just amazing. So impressed! If you use obstacle avoidance, doesn't it slowdown/hesitate at times? When editing do you speed up those times to keep consistency?

You gotta have some pointers you can share, huh?

Reactions: Lhonskie18
Very Nice. I too find that reversing the video in post increases the wow factor. (I try to keep the backwards cars, tides, creeks, etc out of my shots when possible).

Very Nice. I too find that reversing the video in post increases the wow factor. (I try to keep the backwards cars, tides, creeks, etc out of my shots when possible).

Or, I simply walk just below and behind the drone, out of camera sight, while manuvering through obstcles. I often have my Brother in Law standing at the end of my courses holding my second (not active) DJI remote controller. It sure makes it appear as though HE has single handedly manuvered through otherwise imposible courses. If I were forced to attempt this posters' obstacles as it appears in this video, then I would most certainly have crashed into the very first available tree branch.

Just amazing. So impressed! If you use obstacle avoidance, doesn't it slowdown/hesitate at times? When editing do you speed up those times to keep consistency?

You gotta have some pointers you can share, huh?

If you do pull back shots, you dont need to disable obstacle avoidance but if you fly forward it is a must. Keep in mind that if you disable the OA, you'll get more sensitive control of you drone. I dont ussually edit the speed but I have to do on this video because i sync it with music.

If you think you can do it, just do it. Dont doubt because if you doubt, you most likely crash your drone. Focus and be patient. Sometimes you need to think you'll be flying a 5$ drone so you'd get the courage to do this kind of flying. (Actually this is my only dji drone). I just think I cant afford another drone or repair fees. Haha. Lastly, enjoy! When you attempt and succeed, i can tell you, you will do it again. It's really fun and a little bit addictive!
- Drone Maneuvers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT