Flying in remote area with no internet

Reaction score
Howdy,
the last posts I have about flying in remote areas with no internet available are from 2016.

How is it today with an up-to-date drone (Mavic Pro, Mavic Air) and using either Litchi or Go4? I am planning to take a drone on a trekking trip in Nepal.
Any hints?

Thanks
Oskar

Howdy,
the last posts I have about flying in remote areas with no internet available are from 2016.

How is it today with an up-to-date drone (Mavic Pro, Mavic Air) and using either Litchi or Go4? I am planning to take a drone on a trekking trip in Nepal.
Any hints?

Thanks
Oskar
No problem. Just load your maps before you go. I heard the drone laws there are bad.

No problem. Just load your maps before you go. I heard the drone laws there are bad.

Actually, I got a decent answer from caanepal, the Nepali FAA :
---------------
Subject: drone
Date: 2018-02-14 10:39
To: [email protected]

Hi,

Regarding your queries, i hope you have been through our website www.caanepal.org.np once, which states you don't need to take any permissions with civil aviation authority of nepal provided your drone is of weight 2kg or less and you fly it below 200ft. However you are required to take necessary permissions form the local government authorities or home ministry for the security of your dorne.

--
Thanks and Best Regards
Flight Permission Section
Babar Mahal Kathmandu
Ph No.:4262962
----------------

Plenty of internet available at the Tea houses in the Everest region, and up Gokyo trail. However you do not really need it, if you cache in advance.

Bit off topic, but have you by chance been up there in the Khumbu to Gokyo, Namche lately?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo