Flying in Non GPS Mode

Reaction score
There are times when I may want to fly in non GPS so I can go higher.

What is the best way to enter that mode? Can it be done while flying?

Once in Non GPS, can I reenter GPS Mood while flying?

Will out of range notifications still work in non GPS?

You can configure this in your software, by switching modes to NAZA. You can then configure the S1 switch so the top is GPS, middle is ATTI and bottom is RTH.

I would be cautious when flying at altitude in any non-GPS mode though.... wind shear could be present, your phantom could very easily be blown off course, and you might make things worse with an incorrect input.

bottom is RTH
Make sure you configure the bottom setting properly in the Phantom Assistant application. It can also be set to manual mode -- and, you don't want to accidentally choose that :)

Reactions: cjmwales
Make sure you configure the bottom setting properly in the Phantom Assistant application. It can also be set to manual mode -- and, you don't want to accidentally choose that :)

^^ this. You wouldn't want manual mode selected at altitude - bad things might happen!

FYI, when the Phantom manual mentions "non GPS" mode, it means you're in GPS mode (S1 switch in the top position) and you have less than 6 satellites. You're still flying in GPS mode, but without the assistance of GPS.

Can it be done while flying?
Yes. You can switch between GPS and ATTI at anytime.

Once in Non GPS, can I reenter GPS Mood while flying?
Yes. Just flip the S1 switch from the middle position back to the top position.

Will out of range notifications still work in non GPS?
When you have 6+ satellites in ATTI mode, your Phantom will still be able to use GPS for those features that require it (e.g. RTH).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31