Flying in moist conditions!!

Reaction score
I saw a Phantom 3 being flown in the rain, at a DJI New Pilot Event on video.
I wondered if DJI could build models that were actually safe to fly in heavy rain and in storms? After watching this other quadcopter video, I know it's possible...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Sometimes the motors need washing... :p naw, just kidding

o_O

Reactions: dirkclod
I saw a Phantom 3 being flown in the rain, at a DJI First Pilot Event on video.
I wondered if DJI could build models that were actually safe to fly in heavy rain and in storms? After watching this other quadcopter video, I know it's possible...

RedHotPoker
After the flight, open the shell and make sure the electronics inside are dried off.

Some one has already tried, he removed the 16 screws on a P3 but something more held the top and bottom halves together...? Any ideas?

RedHotPoker

Some one has already tried, he removed the 16 screws on a P3 but something more held the top and bottom halves together...? Any ideas?

RedHotPoker
Yea...use that hammer ya got in ya hand :D
Naaaa ..I seen where someone said that took it apart in the P3 section it had little clips in several places . I believe it was mohan but not sure .

Anyway, the Phantom 3 Pro' wasn't made to torture test. And I'm not really into flying while getting my radio drenched either. Plus I wouldn't be looking forward to taking my P3P apart, as it could affect a null and void warranty issue.

Just thought it would be nice to know if we got caught in a thundershower that it would not suffer a long and painful death. Before I wiped it off and take it indoors to dry... ;-)

RedcHorPoker

Anyway, the Phantom 3 Pro' wasn't made to torture test. And I'm not really into flying while getting my radio drenched either. Plus I wouldn't be looking forward to taking my P3P apart, as it could affect a null and void warranty issue.

Just thought it would be nice to know if we got caught in a thundershower that it would not suffer a long and painful death. Before I wiped it off and take it indoors to dry... ;-)

RedcHorPoker
Is in here https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNG-Y2b7R4dySBJ67BjPSQpJdU8huQ somewhere if ya need to see. Looks scary in there :eek:

RedcHorPoker

There's a preventative measure you could take, it's called CorrosionX. It's a waterproofing spray to protect all of the electronics.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj