Flying in Bangkok

Reaction score
I wondering about drones flying law regulation in Thailand. Im on my way to Bangkok and dont know if should take my P3 with me. Anybody know Thai rules about this ?

Just had a quick google and......
The flying of drones fitted with cameras will not be allowed by members of the general public.

There was someone on here from Thailand with a Phantom, but he went a bit loopy........

I am the local and fly p3p in Bkk.Drone regulation have not been reinforced here yet , however places closed to thecsecurity zone like temple,goverment office and palace should be avoided.Only if you granted the permission. In Bkk , the flying risk will not be Sat or campass cab , the threat to knock yours drone to the ground will be TV antena wires like spider net.So, keep flight level above thess antenas is a must .Outside of the city is not an issue.Hope my advise is good enough to convince you to fly here.

Thank you very much for your answer. I read on some forums that are planned changes in law regulation for drones pilots in Thailand . I'm glad not yet been introduced .

Even if you fly like american dumb asses day before yesterday, it will not affect Bangok flying policy. People are corrupt and have their own rules. Just make sure not flying above somebodys property and stay away from factories, nuke plants and most of all from drug dealers property, those guys do not care about any law and will just bring your bird down and you of course

Please do not make yours own judgement for Thais culture like the way you only heard and learnt from the movie.People in any countries ,have both good and evil mentality .If you did not live in Thailand and bored here .Please do not Judge and criticize without knowing the truth.Flying above any Drug dealer head in any part of the world, will deserve the gun down.Tell me ,or if I fly above drug dealer on 42th street in New York ,they will smile and let me go.

Get ready to pay a "luxury tax" of $500 upon arrival of the airport. Not kidding.

Are you declaring yours UAV gears for professional film maker or holiday movie maker ?Definitely they will tax at maximuim rate if you were professional film maker.

Even if you fly like american dumb asses day before yesterday, it will not affect Bangok flying policy. People are corrupt and have their own rules. Just make sure not flying above somebodys property and stay away from factories, nuke plants and most of all from drug dealers property, those guys do not care about any law and will just bring your bird down and you of course
I'm in Thailand for almost 6 weeks ( I live on an island - that's why i'm asking about Bangkok) and have never meet with any manifestations of corruption. I wonder if you ever were here ? People are much more open and kind than in Europe. Also i have never heard about "luxury tax". I think u guys are watching too much tv :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Griszka ,which Island you will stay in Thailand? I will be in Krabi at the end of this month for aerial photo around Andraman Islands and a good friend of mine,was a local pros photographer ,he will map the spot for me to capture. If you will interest to join us ,you will be more than welcome .Will be free of charge and I will buy you a dinner to appreciate for yours constructive comments for the Thais.Thanks you

Griszka ,which Island you will stay in Thailand? I will be in Krabi at the end of this month for aerial photo around Andraman Islands and a good friend of mine,was a local pros photographer ,he will map the spot for me to capture. If you will interest to join us ,you will be more than welcome .Will be free of charge and I will buy you a dinner to appreciate for yours constructive comments for the Thais.Thanks you
I would be pleased to join, but I'm in Koh Samui now, and flying tommorow to Bangkok. Going to stay there for 3-4 weeks. Can You recommend some interesting spots for flying and doing some stock footage (not aerial only - talking about some rooftops and nice viewpoint)?

If you want to fly in Bangkok ,Please give me a call 0818693000 ,I will point you to yours interesting spot. However for the best timelapse and Cityscape photographing ,highly recommend/ State Tower .There were restaurant called Baan Yan Tree and Sherrocco.You can go up on rooftop of 33 floors ,have dinner and enjoy the capture scenery of Chaoproya river n sunset if you will be lucky since it is raining season now.

Ps. If possible stay in Lebua/State Tower .Then you can do sunrise n sunset with hotel permission.

Attachments

• 1437293626166.jpg
    1437293626166.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 427
I will be in Krabi at the end of this month for aerial photo around Andraman Islands and a good friend of mine,was a local pros photographer ,he will map the spot for me to capture.
I spent a holiday on Koh Lanta Yai. It was absolute paradise and the resort (Andalay Boutique Resort) was wonderful. I hope I can return some day. I'd love to see any video you shoot on the islands. Video of Lanta will remind me of a great vacation. Video of the other islands will help me decide if I should be visiting other islands. I heard great things about Koh Phi Phi.

Thanks.

Joe

I love Thailand! Great people, beautiful country, and incredible food! I've spent quite a bit of time traveling the country or just relaxing in the south. I have friends who live in Tukuapa in Phangnga. They also own a home in BKK which makes travel so convenient. Just a great country.

Hi Anake
I'm a Bangkok resident and recently purchased a P3A. I did some test flying way out of the city but would really like to know some good (and safe) spots within the city. I live near Lumpini Park but don't dare to fly there. can we get in touch?

If you want to fly in Bangkok ,Please give me a call 0818693000 ,I will point you to yours interesting spot. However for the best timelapse and Cityscape photographing ,highly recommend/ State Tower .There were restaurant called Baan Yan Tree and Sherrocco.You can go up on rooftop of 33 floors ,have dinner and enjoy the capture scenery of Chaoproya river n sunset if you will be lucky since it is raining season now.

Hi Anake, I'm planning a trip to Phuket next month and would like to check with you on whether there's any change regulation in Thailand since you are an avid local pilot.

I read for aircrafts under 2kg like the Phantom 3, the regulations do not apply so i do not have to apply for a permit (for personal use only). Is this true?
Reference:
Quick Look at the New Drone Law in Thailand

I also checked with a company called Drone Thai Insurance and they said it's a must to apply for a permit and that it is a pre-requisite to have my Phantom insured prior to applying for the permit from Department of Civil Aviation. Can you share your experience? Thanks!

Any developments or news on this? I have a trip planned for early 2017 and would love to get everything in order before I go. Any info you could provide would be appreciated!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.